All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
problem with pretzels?
      #274093 - 07/14/06 05:56 PM
mtmtmt

Reged: 04/09/06

I was just wondering if anyone else has problems with pretzels. It seems that no matter what brand I buy, I end up with terrible gas a few hours later. It is very annoying as you would think you could count on pretzels....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: problem with pretzels? new
      #274096 - 07/14/06 06:17 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I haven't had any problems with pretzels, but they are made with flour. Have you been checked for Celiac? Bloating and gas are a symptom after a white flour product.

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#274104 - 07/14/06 07:11 PM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

I only eat sourdough pretzels where the ingredients are wheat, salt.. and thats about it You have to be careful, some pretzels add milk and other wacky things in them to boost the flavor

#274108 - 07/14/06 07:50 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Sometimes I get gas, and at times bad. I work 12 hour shifts and pretzels are a staple for me so I don't mind the gas. I also spend most of my at work working alone.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#274118 - 07/15/06 03:45 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I don't eat pretzels since I can't tolerate wheat but I have problems with those baked tostidos (only lg of fat). I think it's just something about the processed food, although the ingredients say only corn flour and salt. Maybe you just can't have these processed foods either. I can tolerate fat free popcorn. Have you tried going without wheat for a week or two? That made a huge difference for me. I've been tested for celiac and the biopsy came out negative so it's not the gluten that I'm sensitive to, it just means I can't digest wheat properly. Maybe you're the same way. Good luck!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#274136 - 07/15/06 10:02 AM
JustMe

Reged: 06/29/06
Loc: NY

Quote:

I haven't had any problems with pretzels, but they are made with flour. Have you been checked for Celiac? Bloating and gas are a symptom after a white flour product.

Cassandra

hrmm maybe thats my problem... I no longer suffer from diarrhea on a dialy basis but gas and bloating..

so those of you who have to avoid wheat on top of all of the other things that need to be avoided.. diary, high fat anything, blah blah blah WHAT DO YOU EAT??

and do you need to go to a gi for that test?

Wacky things in pretzels new
      #274139 - 07/15/06 10:06 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I've seen quite a few with lactose in them which always causes problems for me. You have to check the ingredients on everything very carefully.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#274189 - 07/15/06 08:24 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Pretzels sometimes make me gassy as well. I read somewhere (can't remember where but it wasn't on these boards) that for some people higher-carb foods (like bread potatoes and pretzels) cause gas just because the body is breaking them down. I don't know if that's true or not, but I think that may be true for me and I do not have gluten or wheat intolerances. I also agree with the others here, check for weird ingredients.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 366 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17304

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review