All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Questions
      #273872 - 07/13/06 11:38 AM
birdlady 2

Reged: 07/12/06

Hello, I am new on this board. I have had "bouts" of IBS since I was a teenager. (They use to call it a "spastic colon" I already know a lot of the foods I can and cannot eat. I also know that stress is a real big trigger for me.
Right now I am having a pretty bad episode. The doctor thought I had diverticulitis as I do have diverticulosis. He ordered a Cat Scan but that showed no signs of diverticulitis. He still has me on antibiotic though.
My questions are these: (1)Can an attack of IBS make your legs feel very weak?
(2)Does it ever give you flu-like symptoms without the joint aches?
(3)Can it make you feel so much pressure down low (in front) you feel like everything is trying to come out?
(4) When the attack is at it's worse, can it cause excess urination?
I know IBS is very indivdualized, but I have never known these to be some of the accompanying symptoms with the pain.
If anyone out there has some answers for me I would definitely appreciate it. Thank you so much
Birdlady2

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Questions new
      #273878 - 07/13/06 12:07 PM
julievn

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: stoke on trent england

hi birdlady
i felt just what you were desribing last week! i have never felt so ill in all my life, my joints hurt, my muscles hurt, i had the most horrendous stomach pain, i really felt that there was something seriously wrong with me.
my doctor just thinks my body hit rock bottom and it was at that point that IBS was first mentioned to me even though i have suffered for a year!
i found this site and have started to follow the diet so hope to feel better soon.
i hope you start to feel better soon
julie

#273882 - 07/13/06 12:43 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

Hello birdlady2,

I just wanted to send you this link www.constipation.net and got to the IBS section and you will find a lot of info about your symptoms. Hope it helps.

God bless you and guide you,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Welcome. new
      #273951 - 07/13/06 10:26 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Numbers 3 and 4 seem pretty typical of IBS (for me, anyway). Numbers 1 and 2 are not symptoms I've ever experienced from IBS in all my many years of having it. I'm have IBS-D with all the toppings. What does your doc say about the legs feeling weak an the flu symmtoms?

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#274053 - 07/14/06 12:14 PM
birdlady 2

Thank you Abi: I am certainly going to check it out. I too have a strong faith in God and am trusting Him to lead me in the right direction.
Ruth aka birdlay2

#274055 - 07/14/06 12:17 PM
birdlady 2

Thank you so much Julie for your answer. It can be a little frightning when you are so sick and the M.D. doesn't know what is going on. I do have a history of I.B.S. however had never experienced those symptoms. So thank you again for sharing your sypmtoms with me.
Ruth aka birdlady2

Re: Welcome. new
      #274058 - 07/14/06 12:23 PM
birdlady 2

Thank you for your response.
The doc doesn't know why the other 2 symptoms. He has me on a strong antibiotic thinking maybe I had diverticulitis. However the cat scan showed no diverticulitis. He wants to see me again in two weeks. I have watched my diet carefully and am feeling better.
birdlady2

#274060 - 07/14/06 12:26 PM
birdlady 2

Hi again:
That web site would not allow me to enter. Said I was not authorized. Is there another way to get there?
birdlady2

#274065 - 07/14/06 01:21 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

Hello birdlady2,

Try this link www.constipation.net/Chapters/10_ibs.html?
I hope this one works. Read it all and you might be able to relate with some of the symptoms they talk about here.

I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust."

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

#274113 - 07/14/06 08:23 PM
birdlady 2

Thank you so much for that web site. I was able to read a lot. It gave me several questions to ask my doctor.
The scripture "the joy of the Lord is my strength" is a very good one to hang onto, especaily when you have IBS.
Have a great day!
Ruth

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2543 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1264

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review