All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ensure Drink - Lactose Intolerant People Be Careful! Any ideas on others?
      #27256 - 11/15/03 07:31 PM
Chelsea22

Reged: 10/20/03
Loc: Virginia

While I was preparing the few days prior to my colonoscopy, I thought I would try to drink something that contained some protein to help me gain strength. I chose the Ensure drink that states it's Lactose Free. Wow, I had the biggest IBS-D attack! I took a look at their website and found out that it still contains milk proteins...YIKES!
Has anyone found another nutritional supplement that is safe?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ensure Drink - Lactose Intolerant People Be Careful! Any ideas on others? new
      #27261 - 11/15/03 08:45 PM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

I eat luna bars. They are wheat and dairy free, and they taste AWESOME! Chocolate Peppermint Stick, Nutz over chocolate, Chai Tea, Orange Bliss, and Chocolate Pecan Pie are my favorites.

Also, you may want to try eating a soy yogurt -- it is rich in vitamins and minerals, as well as protein. I can eat regular yogurt, as can may people, because it contains low lactose levels and active cultures to aid digestion. But, it sounds like your GI tract is ultra sensative -- so I would stick to soy.

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

Re: Ensure Drink - Lactose Intolerant People Be Careful! Any ideas on others? new
      #27285 - 11/16/03 10:18 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I remember Heather mentioning a completely dairy-free brand of protein drink in another thread, but I can't find it. Maybe someone else remembers what it was?

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 743 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 477

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review