All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
What is your favorite "safe" fast food sandwich?
      #271588 - 06/29/06 10:20 AM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

I'm just sitting here at work getting hungry and my ham sandwich on a croisant isn't really sounding like what I want today. Any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What is your favorite "safe" fast food sandwich? new
      #271592 - 06/29/06 10:59 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Subway turkey on Italian bread with tomatoes, a little green pepper, some cucumbers, and mustard. I also okay with grilled chicken sandwiches from almost anywhere.

Ham on a croissant isn't safe anyway... new
      #271595 - 06/29/06 11:05 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Too much dairy (butter) and fat in the croissant, and ham - red meat - is a trigger food. Just FYI.

I can do a grilled chicken sandwich just about anywhere - get it without mayo. I really like Subway the best, though. I usually get turkey on white/Italian/honey oat with lettuce, tomato, a few olives, pickles sometimes, onion if I'm in the mood (and don't mind onion breath, haha), and mustard. I'm really good with raw veggies, so piling that stuff on doesn't bother me.

#271654 - 06/29/06 01:59 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

I like subway as well, the chicken breast (either strips or grilled) with bbq sauce.

#271671 - 06/29/06 02:43 PM
bjeans

Reged: 06/22/06

Really fast and from home - a Morningstar Farms Prime Griller or saugage patty on a bagel or English muffin. (They are soy, not meat!)

Out - turkey or chicken sandwiches. When in a pinch, I've even resorted to McDonalds grilled chicken on the better bun they have - hold the dressing - or with a little salad dressing from a packet I ask for. They have Newmans.

And I eat one of their grilled chicken salads, but that's not a sandwich.

Beth

casey..drop the onions and order me one too.. new
      #271688 - 06/29/06 04:24 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

that is EXACTLY what I order in Subway! Turkey on italian or white with lettuce, tomato, pickles and olives, with mustard or honey mustard dressing. I never take onions though as raw they are killers for me (cooked they are fine though, strange eh?)

--------------------
S.

casey..drop the onions & tomato and order me one too.. new
      #271689 - 06/29/06 04:26 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh, and a bag of baked lays... I put them INSIDE my sandwich too!! hehehe

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: casey..drop the onions & tomato and order me one too.. new
      #271694 - 06/29/06 04:55 PM
lissylou73

Reged: 06/20/06
Loc: West Virginia (IBS G&P)

I put the chips inside my sandwich, too!! Yummy!!

--------------------
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
Albert Schweitzer

#271708 - 06/29/06 06:37 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

Oh, you crazy Americans... Chips in your sandwiches...?? Is it good?? (Mind you people think I'm crazy because I used to dip my hashbrowns or fries in mayo.. back in the day...)

#271711 - 06/29/06 06:59 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

MMMmm I am addicted to Mr Sub turkey breast sub on white bread with a little bit of lettuce, italian dressing and grilled

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#271717 - 06/29/06 08:04 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

My current fast safe sandwhich - I open up a can of Wild Salmon, mix in some French's Red Hot sauce and maybe a little bit of salt and pepper. Mix. Put some of the mixture between two slices of bread, and you can add in a leaf of lettuce if you like. I'm done in 5 minutes and I find it filling.

#271718 - 06/29/06 08:06 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Oops! I re-read the title. For Fast Food sandwhich, I usually get the Wendy's or McDonald's Grilled Chicken Sandwhiches.

#271815 - 06/30/06 09:24 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Grilled chicken sandwich or Wendy's has a new sandwich, focta (I think). I usually get turkey without the mayo, baked chips and water. I also like to eat turkey at Subway. KFC has a really good grilled chicken sandwich but they put a spicy dressing on it and I'm sure it isn't IBS safe.

--------------------
Janey

I used to put potato chips on my peanut butter sandwich, yum! -nt- new
      #271817 - 06/30/06 09:25 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

--------------------
Janey

Mmm... tuna salad with potato chips IN the sandwich... new
      #271825 - 06/30/06 09:50 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

... was my absolutely FAVORITE growing up. I never tried it with any other kind of sandwich, though - I guess I should!

And Sinead - not weird at all, about the raw onions. I only get them if I'm feeling brave... those suckers are STRONG.

Subway: Turkey Wrap new
      #271839 - 06/30/06 10:51 AM
rlhilliard

Reged: 08/05/05
Loc: Racine, WI

I see some other people mentioned Subway. I like Subway, typically easy on me. I like their turkey wrap with lettuce, tomatoes...and a smidgen (sp?) of mayo.

--------------------
yep, it's me,
Rebecca

Subway Teryaki chicken my mouth is watering... new
      #271851 - 06/30/06 11:46 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

just talking about it...and funnily enough I just had a 6'' one for my lunch today on hearty italian bread....mmmmm mmmmmmm!! I also LOVE McDonalds Chicken salad deli sandwich, which is grilled chicken breast, virtually fat free mayo and salad on toasted white bread....the one and only safe thing I can get from Maccy D's!

--------------------
Natalie

#271867 - 06/30/06 01:00 PM
Camryn

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: Canada

I was really glad to find both Subway and Quiznos when I was in Dublin recently. Grilled chicken or turkey really make me happy. I also find tuna okay and I can usually get away with having a bit of pickle, lettuce and tomato on it. I'm also quite fond of The Bagel Stop...and now my stomach is rumbling away...

#271874 - 06/30/06 01:33 PM
cailin

Yes subway is really growing over here, I love it, For years there was just one subway in Dublin and now there are five or six and they are in towns around the country too, yay! Hope you enjoyed Dublin.

There's only one Quizno's that I know of and I don't like it as much at all, but I would gladly eat every meal from Subway. We even had lunch at the one in Warsaw when we were there. Great, healthy,yummy, globally available food!

--------------------
S.

Re: I used to put potato chips on my peanut butter sandwich, yum! -nt- new
      #271878 - 06/30/06 01:47 PM
nuggs1968

Reged: 06/26/06

I did too! And my bologna sandwiches as a kid. Yum. This sounds gross now, but when I was a little kid, I used to eat bologna, miracle whip, and peanut butter sandwiches with chips in the sandwich.

#271886 - 06/30/06 02:25 PM
Camryn

I ate at the Subway on Grafton a couple weeks ago and my friend asked what kind of cheese they had and the person behind the counter replied "American cheese." Hmmm. Quiznos is really good over here but I didn't get the chance to visit the Dublin one. I wonder if it's very different.

I remember when there was just one Subway too! And I was surprised to spot at least three Starbucks during my visit. How long have they been around?

How could I forget to mention O'Briens? Love their sandwiches!

#271910 - 06/30/06 04:45 PM
cailin

I just don't like Quizno's sauces I think, or I haven't found one that I do like. Starbucks arrived on Dame St/College Green just before Christmas and now there's one on Harcourt St, in the Dundrum Shopping Centre, in Liffey Valley Shopping Centre and somewhere in Kildare. I work very near the Harcourt St one and most of the people I work with are boycotting in favour of Cafe Sol the Irish chain. Starbucks is VERY expensive over here, and when all you're getting is a peppermint tea I don't think it's worth the extra 30 or 40 cent.

O'Brien's is pretty good, although I find their bread very stodgy as it's so thick cut. I love that they use Ballymaloe relish though, mmmm.

We have some bagel chains which are pretty good too, itsabagel in the Epicurean Food Hall on Liffey St is AMAZING...gourmet all the way..yummy!

If you are over again and need any food tips let me know, I am the resident Dublin expert!

--------------------
S.

#271919 - 06/30/06 05:40 PM
Camryn

I like itsabagel too. There are so many bagel places around there now. I can't think of a single one that was around when I was living there (early nineties to 1999).

I do hope Starbucks doesn't take over. I was kind of dismayed to see it edging its way into the Irish market. Fingers crossed that it doesn't turn out like London - two on every block!

Thanks! Before I go over next I will check in with you about safe restaurants to have dinner. While I was living there I didn't really have these problems so it's a whole new ballgame.

#271998 - 07/01/06 10:11 AM
ArmyWife87

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Canada - East Coast

Hi Dajara....fries with mayo were soooo good, and of course I always sprinked a little vinegar. I remember those days as well

--------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2368 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3046

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review