All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
zelnorm
      #270974 - 06/26/06 05:03 AM
unekme

Reged: 06/08/06
Loc: Orem, Utah

I have been on zelnorm for over a month now. I do not have the pain, cramping, and bloating, but have severe constipation. I want to get off the zelnorm, but worry the problems will come back. I don't like medicines. Are there any others taking medicines, or are you just using foods to control the symptons? This is all new to me and I'm struggling with knowing how to eat. I have been gaining weight now because I have had to change my diet, yet I feel like it's not working. I would love some advice from those who have been through this longer than I have. Also, as I read the postings, what is "C" in regards to the IBS?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: zelnorm new
      #270976 - 06/26/06 05:13 AM
lissylou73

Reged: 06/20/06
Loc: West Virginia (IBS G&P)

Do you have constipation when on the Zelnorm? Or without it?

"C" means constipation.

--------------------
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
Albert Schweitzer

#270977 - 06/26/06 05:15 AM
unekme

I have constipation now, but before the zelnorm, I had diahrea. Thanks, as I read some other posts, I noticed the "D" and "C".

#270981 - 06/26/06 05:30 AM
lissylou73

I'm really sorry, but I'm confused. You had diarrhea BEFORE taking Zelnorm? It is not for diarrhea. It is only for constipation. Lotronex (I take this) is the one that is for diarrhea only. The Zelnorm should be giving you more diarrhea. You might want to discuss this with your doctor.

--------------------
Albert Schweitzer

#270983 - 06/26/06 05:55 AM
unekme

I originally went to the doc because I had the diarrhae and other symptoms of bloating, gas, and cramping. I also told him I have had a life time problem with chronic constipation. Time to go back to the doc.

#270985 - 06/26/06 06:03 AM
lissylou73

So you alternate between D & C? Yes you should see your doctor before stopping any medication. From what I've read so far, following the IBS diet and drinking Heather's teas will help with D & C, which seems to be what you have. I'm sure someone else here will know the answer to that better since I'm new to the diet (not new to medications, though). Sorry I wasn't much help!

--------------------
Albert Schweitzer

zelnorm is for "c" new
      #271076 - 06/26/06 05:07 PM
polly2004

Reged: 05/30/06
Loc: Minnesota

you shouldn't be taking zelnorm if you have "d"...it is the only medicine out there for people who have ibs "c". that's what i have and the doc put me on zelorm. it has taken the "c" away. heather's diet has taken the other symtoms away. such as the bloating, pain, gas, etc. i've been on zelnorm for 3 months now. actually i'm on my 4th month. i'm trying to get off of it now. hopefully, i'll be able to get off and just stick w/the diet. zelnorm isn't supposed to be for life, only to get you back on track. zelnorm.com will have some answers for you.

that's really weird the doc would put you on zelnorm if you have "d".... good luck!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5020 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4523

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review