Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Medical Testing???
      #270156 - 06/19/06 07:31 PM
Lummi Beader

Reged: 08/25/05
Loc: Bellingham, WA

Hello everyone,

I have been coming here for a few years and have found so much help and have really been feeling better. A little more than a week ago I had to undergo three cardiology tests that involved the use of Radioactive dye. I have never had tests like this before, but ever since those tests I have been having a horrible time with my IBS.

Has anyone else ever had a reaction to those radioactive dyes??? The only other thing that I was trying to accomplish was to quit smoking. I have tried over the years and have never succeeded. I recently was prescribed the nicotine gum and then nicotine loZenges, neither really worked although I tried to follow the directions very closely. My husband says that he thinks my stomach is upset due to the anti-smoking aids I tried. I still spend much of the day laying down due to upset and painful intestinal problems.

Please someone help, are the problems that I am having now because of radioactive dye or from the stop smoking aids????

Thanks and bless everyone,
Lummibeader

--------------------
Honor the Creator... Seek peace!!!

Lummibeader
IBS-D with pain
and bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Quitting smoking aids & stomach distress new
      #270166 - 06/19/06 08:28 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I cannot answer the first part of your question. However, I quit smoking 26 weeks ago with the help of Nicoderm Patches. I could never chew the gum, although I tried it. It burned my mouth and the vile taste gave me an upset stomach and attacks. Also, I would like to suggest that chewing the gum would give you tummy problems as it increases gas and air swallowing. I'm not sure what is in the gum you were chewing, but I doubt it's IBS-friendly. Most chewing gum is not IBS-recommended.

I didn't have an issue with the patches and recommend them as helpful tools to lose the nasty habit. I'll still put on a patch on a wretched day. (I've discovered that dermal nicotene is much easier on the body than oral. Once an addict, always an addict. I'd rather avoid the whole stinky distasteful business of smoking and just put on a sticker if I cannot fake some serotonin or create enough dopamine, naturally.)

Initially, for about 3 weeks I experienced intense nausea and mild attacks. I suspect it was due to detoxing. Ironically, now if I smell cigarette smoke I feel very ill.

Kate, IBS-D.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3009 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 444

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review