All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: What is an attack? new
      #269952 - 06/17/06 11:13 AM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

I bought Heather's fennel tea as I don't think that is so easy to find, but use Celestial seasonings for chamomile and peppermint, but I think next time I'll just buy her peppermint too. I haven't done the math but I think it is less expensive in the longrun actually and I am pretty sure it is higher quality.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#269957 - 06/17/06 11:24 AM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

Hello Chupie,
I bought some peppermint tea and caps but aren't Heathers, I hope that's ok also. Can I take the caps and tea together? or Should I only take one at a time? Should I only take them when I don't feel good or at any time? Thank you for the help and the info...Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

#269964 - 06/17/06 12:09 PM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

I don't know about taking them together. I just drink the tea througout the day. I start off with water and fiber added, then I have some hot tea of one or the other. I drink the tea every couple of hours, whichever I feel like, but fennel if I am really having gas, peppermint if I feel crampy or gurgly. Others may have input on the caps.

#269965 - 06/17/06 12:14 PM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

Hey Abigail!
When I am not feeling well, I actually take the peppermint caps and the peppermint tea. Peppermint is great because it relaxes the gut and spasms, and reduces pain. I dont think it really matter if you buy heathers caps or different ones, as long as its real peppermint oil and that it doesnt contain any triggers. The thing that differnt about heathers peppermint caps, is that it doenst just contain peppermint, they also contain fennel and ginger.. which are really good for digestion. Im so glad to you that you are exercing, it does wonders for C. Walking is great, especially after a big meal. Like you, I too am trying to gain weight.. however i dont think that walking is going to stop you from doing it. I can see if you were doing other things, such as running or extensive exercising, but walking is nice and doesnt cause your body to burn too many calories. If you are looking for something else, however, i would try maybe yoga. I hear its great for digestion as well. If you are still having problems with your user pic, i would love to help See you later, and Good luck.
GodBless,
-Lyndeigh

Re: By the Way.. new
      #269966 - 06/17/06 12:16 PM
Lyndeigh

Also, i know what helps me to gain weight- angel food cake..
fatfree.. totally safe.. and full of empty calories (from all the sugar)

#269972 - 06/17/06 02:19 PM
Abigail

Hi Lyndeigh !
Thank you for sharing all this wonderful info with me,it helps me a lot. The Peppermint caps I bought have O.2 ml peppermint leaf oil extract,0.02 ml Rosemary oil extract and 0.02 ml Thyme whole plant oil extract. They are enteric-
coated softgels. I hope they are as good as Heathers. If not I might have to order Heathers because I can't find any of her products here in Orlando,FL. Yes !!! I do walk every night after dinner, makes me feel better. I find my self eating dinner late at night and I don't like it, but I can't eat while I'm out because of my strict diet and I feel safe eating at home, you know !!!!! Have you tried yoga or acupuncture? I think we found a way to post my picture, I will let you know. Thank you for trying to help.
Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

#269989 - 06/17/06 06:28 PM
Lyndeigh

the pepp pills you have found sound great! I have yet to find any type of peppermint pills at all sold around stores here. You are so lucky! No, I have not tried yoga or accupuncture, but ive always been interested in it.

#270054 - 06/18/06 11:53 AM
Abigail

Hello Lyndeigh,

How are you today? I was finally able to post my picture with the help of my husband. I haven't used the peppermint caps or tea yet, I'm waiting to see how I feel and I will take them as I need them. I hope to God they work for me. I can't believe you can't find any type of peppermint pills in your area. You have to find a Health Food store around there that sells those. I go to a Whole Food Store about 30 min. from my house. There are a few of those stores in New York City, go to their website www.wholefoodsmarket.com and find out more. Have a great day !

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Re: Lyndeigh, Peppermint caps new
      #270229 - 06/20/06 10:50 AM
Abigail

Hello Lyndeigh,

Hope you are doing great ! If you still have not found the peppermint pills in your area, I would be glad to mail you some. If you are interested, just email me aft98@bellsouth.net and let me know. I have an appt. with my GI doc this afternoon, I pray something good comes out of my visit today. It's not been fun lately enduring this pain :-)

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5648 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7424

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review