Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!! new
      #269814 - 06/16/06 10:20 AM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

Hello there,

What do I do to find acupuncture in my area? I'm from Orlando, FL and I'm also looking for a support group in my area. Thank you for your help and info....I really appreciate it.

God bless,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#269815 - 06/16/06 10:29 AM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

I'm sure it is listed in the phone book.

Abigail re prunes and acupuncture! new
      #269940 - 06/17/06 10:07 AM
lorien

Reged: 05/15/06
Loc: Wales, U.K

Hi Abigail,

I've been thinking about your prunes again, and wonder if you've got the courage to try and replace them with something else like figs, and see if you still get the same pain?

Prunes are an acidic forming fruit, and your gut may just not like that!

I find flax very helpful for constipation. Also there's a herb called slippery elm. I soak a tablespoon of flax seeds in a large glass of water and take them 1st thing in the morning, and last thing at night. Naturapaths suggest it may be better for constipation if you don't soak them, but I find it hard to knock them back like this!

If you are really interested in acupuncture, then it's worth shopping around for one that is both affordable, and also registered with a reputable society.

I'm in the UK (hence my post is always out of time with a lot of you!), and here we have, for example, an organisation called the British Acupuncture Council. Anyone registered with them is likely to be a genuine practitioner.

I imagine the USA and Canada must have an equivalant.

Hope this is useful to you, and have a good day!

Joanna

#269955 - 06/17/06 11:20 AM
andreww

Reged: 01/17/06
Loc: Fairfax, VA

Quote:

I agree. I am IBS-C and went on Zelnorm. It helped me with the horrible pain and the gas but the constipation was still there. But it was so nice not having the pain!

The downside being once you go off of it, the pain comes right back. It's not a cure, just a temporary fix, which you will eventually become immune to.

Re: what are you doing about "c" now? new
      #269956 - 06/17/06 11:22 AM
andreww

Reged: 01/17/06
Loc: Fairfax, VA

Quote:

I currently take a Chinese herb that has done wonders for me.

what is the herb?

Re: Abigail re prunes and acupuncture! new
      #269962 - 06/17/06 12:00 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

Hello Joanna,
Thank you so much for your help and info. I don't know if I have the courage to try those figs, but I will consider it. I usually eat about the same things everyday to keep it safe. Flax helps a lot for C, I soak two tablespoon with 5 prunes and eat it in the morning before breakfast.
I will look in to acupuncture. Have you try it? If you did, Did it help you with the pain and C?

Thank you sooo much for the useful info,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

#269977 - 06/17/06 04:48 PM
polly2004

Loc: Minnesota

i don't get any side effects really....the pain actually has gone away once i started eating "heather diet"...i'm not kidding. it has helped tremendesley.....

Re: what are you doing about "c" now? new
      #269978 - 06/17/06 04:50 PM
polly2004

miralax is a laxitive...it didn't do anything for me...

What is the Chinese herb everyone is taking?? new
      #269979 - 06/17/06 04:52 PM
polly2004

What is the herb and what does it do and where can i get it to try? I want to get off the zelnorm. thanks!!

Re: what are you doing about "c" now/Chinese herb new
      #269991 - 06/17/06 06:41 PM
mtmtmt

Reged: 04/09/06

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply.
Miralax is a laxative. I went crazy with it when the doctor first prescribed it and had my first experience with IBS-D and it was awful. I am going to start taking it again at a lower dose and see if it helps.
The Chinese Herb I am taking is Xiang Sha Yang Wei Wan. It is specifically for constipation, pain, bloating and gas. Chinese medicine is very different from Western medicine and even someone with those exact same symptoms may not respond to the herb since it is highly individualized. That said, I am doing remarkably well on the herb. It is taken three times daily.
I am not on Zelnorm now but only on the herb and so far, so good. It has NOT helped with the constipation but the pain, gasiness, bloating and gurgliness is for the most part gone. You can find it online by doing a search. There are many places that sell it. It is also not very expensive.
If you have more questions about Chinese Medicine, I am happy to try and help. You should also do a search on this message board as I have written about the herb before.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1455 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22038

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review