All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
how can I go to a wedding/funeral
      #268781 - 06/11/06 08:55 AM
missingnola

Reged: 06/11/06

I am so stressed out because I have to go to a wedding and a funeral in the next few days. I have avoided moments like this for over a year now, but I can not longer hide. Does anyone else have these fears- gas, having to run out to the bathroom, etc. Please post any ideas or anything that has helped you. I have considered doing the equivelent of a colonoscopy prep.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: how can I go to a wedding/funeral new
      #268789 - 06/11/06 10:32 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

If I am going to an event where I'm not sure about bathroom availabilty or just don't want to be running to one, I take a few Imodium before hand as a preventive. I'd watch what I eat and be extra careful for the days leading up to it so you can feel more confident that there won't be any problems!

Sandy

#268807 - 06/11/06 11:44 AM
dhaggerty

Reged: 06/04/06
Loc: Northeast, Bucks County, PA

I know your fear, but I do what Sandy does and take some Immodium with me. But, I tend to not eat very much prior, like two or three days before, only eat soluable fibre stuff like bananas, oatmeal, etc. And only in small quantities.

I have a wedding and we're staying overnite ..aghh, but good luck to you!

#268809 - 06/11/06 11:54 AM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

I agree with the other posts. Normally the day before I only eat really really safe things early in the day, and then the day of the event, (even though i'm sure it's not too healthy) I tend to not eat at all until the end of the event when I can be safe and sound in my hotel room or something, and if I do have to eat something just to keep my stomach happy.. I keep some pretzels handy..

Great strategies new
      #268844 - 06/11/06 04:00 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I agree--eat ultra-safely prior to the events and take emergency supplies in your purse (i.e. Immodium, snacks, Beano, Gas pills). Also, if it were me, I would take some Lorazepam--but I'm a high stress, hyper-anxious type. You can get this via prescription from your doctor.

Kate, IBS-D.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1901 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 605

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review