All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: I'm always tired with no energy new
      #2747 - 03/13/03 01:13 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Hard to walk in Canada in the middle of March. We just got dumped on with more snow! I can't walk because I can't get the stroller through the slush and ice on the sidewalk. I cannot wait to be able to walk every day. Whoever said something about going to your doc about bloodwork had a good suggestion. Fatigue is common with IBS, but if it is really affecting your life, it's good to get a few things ruled out. Ie. a deficiency that can be fixed easily. Can't hurt. I think we should start a Canadians Sick of Winter club.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#2758 - 03/13/03 03:20 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I can't believe I'M an AM exercise person!! I'm not even an AM person!! lol Sometimes I have to literally roll myself out of the bed onto the floor. But I have to do it in the morning, because I never can do it in the evening. I know I won't...I've tried it before.

Anyway, it all depends on how many times I've hit the snooze button how long I go. I do the Leslie Sansone tapes. I have 3 that are 20 min. (yeah, I'm usually doing them! ), 2 that are 30 min., & one that is 45 min. I figure any time is better than no time. And, I can actually feel the difference in my body, so I must be doing something right!

I also have a couple yoga tapes I want to get into. The first one I got I didn't really understand, so I asked for Yoga for Dummies for Christmas. I got it, but we also got a puppy around the same time. I tried to do the tape, but she thought I was just trying to play with her! lol I also have Pilates for Dummies. I'm planning on digging out the Yoga for Dummies this weekend and trying it again.

Mags

#2789 - 03/14/03 04:28 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

I;m always in trouble for falling asleep on the couch every night! Get some blood tests done to cover yourself. I read somewhere that they are investigating links between ibs and your thyroid??? WHo knows eh? I had my thyroid tested and although my dad's and gran's is dodgy - mine is fine.

#2813 - 03/14/03 12:49 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I thought I was the only person that felt this way! I used to be a runner in high school (I'm 24 now) and then college took care of that! Now I'm working--and it's cold all the time--and it getting out of bed in the morning is tough. I've had a thyroid test--nothing there--and blood tests--again nothing. I think i might just be the weather! This winter has GOT to end soon--for all our sakes! Kepp us posted Lana Marie--let us know if things get better for you when winter ends! And, do try yoga--even if it's low impact--it's a start (and it's SO relaxing)! Good luck!

Ruchie-

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#2814 - 03/14/03 12:52 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I am with you on the sick of winter thing LOL.

Although I enjoy winter (my father sells snowmobiles so I have alot of fun) the darn cold can leave us anytime. Atleast then we can walk and do stuff. Atleast you can put the little ones in a toboggan and so for a walk that way. But this cold weather doesn't make it so a person can even do that.

Sign me up as the first member for the Sick of Cold Weather club LOL

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#2815 - 03/14/03 12:55 PM
Lana_Marie

You sound exactly the same as me! When I was in high school I ran 5 miles a day and was a long distance track runner religiously.

But once you get out of school and have to work all day and everything else - it is difficult to pull my butt out of bed. I miss running because I was in such good shape, but it's tough to find that motivation again.

My toughest thing is that I used to run on gravel roads in a small town - now I live in the city and am scared of running by myself no matter what time of the day or night!

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#2817 - 03/14/03 01:02 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I hear ya there too! I had a knee injury and so I can't run anymore--but I also live in the city and I'm not too keen on taking brisk walks by myself! I try to do yoga every morning (low impact) and when I can I dance around my house--but I still don't feel like I'm in great shape (especially compared to high schoool!) If I find something that really works work for me--I'll let you know. Please do the same for me! Thanks, take care!

Ruchie-

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#2818 - 03/14/03 01:06 PM
Lana_Marie

I will definately keep you posted.

Aren't us small town people spoiled....I never once thought about the possibility of someone hurting me - now I can't imagine running on a street with a walkman and trusting people behind me.

It's sad really what this society is coming to.

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#2823 - 03/14/03 01:30 PM
Andie

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Western NY

Wow - the timing of this post and whole LONG thread is amazing! I have been finding myself needing more sleep at night - not so much exhausted all day - but needing 9-10 hours of sleep at night. If I ever get this much its only on Friday nights. But I am SOOO tired when I have to get up on weekdays even if I manage to get 7 1/2 hours (which used to be a GOOD amount of sleep for me) - I was just thinking this morning I need to ask people on this board if they find the same thing. When I came on, here was this long thread about feeling tired! Sorry for all of us, but there's some comfort in being in good company. I do find exercise gives me more energy, but isn't helping with the ridiculous amount of sleep I need to feel rested.

#2859 - 03/15/03 06:36 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Where in Western NY? Suprised to see that.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 552 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8190

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review