All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: "Breaking the Cycle" Phase new
      #268143 - 06/07/06 01:12 PM
AG1983

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Portland, Oregon

Thank you to all for your replies! They have been very helpful!

--------------------
Adam
(IBS-D)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#268240 - 06/08/06 04:27 AM
cs

Reged: 06/07/06

Hi There, thank you for such a quick reply! I am very much enjoying reading through the site -you're right there is a lot of really great information. not only have i read it, but happily past it on to a couple of ppl I know that suffer similar symptoms as well! Like you, I'm feeling a bit lost in terms of where to start. I would also like to do a cleansing type 'kick start diet' like the one you mentioned seeing for IBS-c. WOuld you happen to remember where you saw it. I would like to use a set menu to help start.

Thank you again for you help!
cs

Quote:

I have read some other discussion postings, one in particular where the poster had suggested a specific menu for IBC-C complete with breakfast, lunch, and dinner for three days. I know it is alot to ask, but if anyone out there has something similar for someone in trouble with IBS-D I would really appreciate it. Thanks, AG.

#268343 - 06/08/06 03:22 PM
AG1983

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: Portland, Oregon

I found this menu thanks to "calin" - it came from an older posting addressed to another member. I modified it a bit b/c I suffer from IBS-D, and you might adjust it a bit too. Another helpful thing to do is search the forum for "Breaking the Cycle" as that has pulled up a wide variety of info. for me on the matter. Below is the menu I was talking about, good luck!

Day 1
Breakfast: Dry cereal or dry white bread
Lunch: white rice/boiled potato with salt and pepper
Dinner: white rice, with chicken and or carrots and salt and pepper- note I add chicken early but it really does help me, you may want to wait til day 2
Snacks: pretzels, applesauce, bananas, lots of peppermint tea

Day 2
Breakfast: dry cereal, a banana
Lunch: sandwich on fresh white bread, usually chicken or turkey and scrape of FF mayo
Dinner: rice/pasta with carrots and chicken
Day 3:
Might add something extra, usually my tummy will be feeling better by now so I might have soy or rice milk on my cereal
Dinner: Can you guess? Rice, chicken, carrots, mushrooms, maybe some soy sauce on it tonight!

--------------------
Adam
(IBS-D)

#268449 - 06/09/06 06:44 AM
cs

Reged: 06/07/06

Hi there,

thank you so much for your help. I will search more under 'breaking the cycle' to see what I can find. I am a veggi, so the chicken will be tough, lol..but I have a much better idea -thank you!

cs

What specific 3 day menu for IBS-C are you talking about? I sure would to see it new
      #268528 - 06/09/06 03:35 PM
bubbagirl

Reged: 06/04/06
Loc: Melbourne Fla.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1958 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4275

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review