All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
strugling
      #26654 - 11/12/03 08:21 AM
jenz

Reged: 05/09/03
Loc: Uk

hi all - im not sure whats happened but the post i did yesturday isnt showing !! I have not been around for a while now but want to get back into posting cause since i stoped my diet has just been abismal! can anyone suggest some real quick meals for me as i lead a really hectic lifestyle but really need to stick to the safe way of eating!! what does everyone else eat! ?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: strugling new
      #26663 - 11/12/03 09:02 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hi Jenz

For when I'm too tired/rushed off my feet to want to cook, I fall back on vege substitutes like Quorn products. That way I can stick sausages or a quorn fillet under the grill, whack a potato in the microwave and, voila!, food! Try getting some canned carrots so you can get their healthy, soluble fibre without having the preparation to do.

Also, I make rolls for work with canned tuna, a little low-fat mayo and sliced avocado. Lovely and chocka with soluble fibre.

Also, have you tried snacking on crackers, baked crisps, etc? Carrying some of these round in my handbag stops me reaching for the crisps and chocolate.

Hope this helps... and welcome back!

Linz

#26685 - 11/12/03 10:01 AM
AnnC

Reged: 10/11/03
Loc: NY, USA

I love Quorn too but it is hard to find here and new to USA stores. I finally found it a few months ago but have only seen a couple varieties. When I visit UK I eat Quorn until it's coming out of my ears it is the best (that and Linda McCartney sausages and sausage rolls!!!!)

Ann

#26703 - 11/12/03 10:34 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

try soymeat balls, there really yummy and you just stick them in the oven and heat! I try to keep a bag of that precooked chicken on hand to toss into pasta or stir-frys. Take some flat or pita bread and make pizzas with sauce, rice cheese and chicken. Cold tuna salad is great for luches, I make a BIG bowl and snack all week, just boil your favorite noodles, rinse and cool add tuna and frozen peas and a little non fat mayo.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#27337 - 11/16/03 03:13 PM
jenz

Reged: 05/09/03
Loc: Uk

thankyou thats great! i have been so bad today with bloatedness and ibs-d its untrue i really need to get back on your diet heather - i didnt know when i was well off lol!! oh well here goes new start new tummy !! :O) happy eating all

Re: Sorry.. new
      #27373 - 11/16/03 11:51 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

.. to hear you're struggling at the moment.

I know it's hard with the food issue and I know myself I sometimes get so sick and tired of having to be organised in advance and wary of foods all the time.

The best thing I have found to do is to cook in bulk and plan right ahead.
I keep my freezer full of things that I can defrost to eat when I'm too tired to cook so that I won't be tempted to eat things that aren't safe. Some of the things I keep in the freezer are:

soups (easily reheated and add some bread)
pasta sauces (then you just have to cook the pasta)
homemade turkey burger patties
sloppy joes
risotto

lots of Heather's breads individually wrapped or safe muffins

Also, Nachos are quick, easy and easily adapted to suit IBS.

Egg white Omlettes are also quick and sometimes I'll just have a toasted sandwhich with turkey and avocado or something.

Hope some of this helps and you're feeling better soon.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2919 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 874

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review