All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Just can't eat...scared... new
      #265312 - 05/24/06 12:22 PM
marjo

Reged: 01/13/04
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Seriously, what turned my fear of eating out, especially with a group, was Michaels CD. I did if for the 100 days, and it totally freed me from this fear....I find if I don't eat every couple of hours, that is when I would get spasms. You don't want an empty colon all of the time.I haven't had a spasm in probably 2 years now. I eat oatmeal every morning, with rice milk, so I start my day with good fiber. You do have to listen to your body, and learn what is going to help or hurt you. I stay healthy every day now, without fearing an attack. I have stayed off of red meat, and dairy for the last 5 years. Good luck.

--------------------
Everything somehow always works out for the best.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#265413 - 05/24/06 08:47 PM
mtmtmt

Reged: 04/09/06

Hi there. I am so sorry you are going through this. I too went through the same thing recently. I have lost 12 pounds in about 8 weeks and I weigh 108 and am 5'2". On top of that, I have battled an eating disorder in the past so it became a struggle to know what was fear and what was pathologic. All I can say is to know that you have to eat. Find things you can eat and eat them a lot. You have to experiment to find what works for you. The only things I could eat were Melba toasts, saltines and pita bread. So that is all I ate. Social engagements were a nightmare as I couldn't eat or enjoy anything. I am so thankful that I am better now but I have to be honest and it is sick to even think this but given my eating disorder history, it makes sense. I am now gaining weight and am really not liking it - isn't that insane? I am working through that now as well as I know I am so much healthier now.
Please keep trying and don't give up!

#267142 - 06/02/06 07:28 AM
Memmles

Reged: 04/07/06
Loc: Silicon Valley, CA, USA

Hey guys,

I was just re-reading this thread and all of your encouraging posts.

Last week I finally took an "emergency" mini-leave from work - I work in ministry (Christian) at a non-profit, and had been slowly burning out for a while, but things really came to a head over the last couple weeks. I ended up in my supervisor's office last week, crying, 'cause I just HATED being there and felt completely overwhelmed with the IBS, work-related issues/frustrations/stresses, a broken foot, and on and on... All of this burn-out and subsequent stress was just wrecking my GI track too - no appetite (still), nausea, yada yada.

My boss gave me his blessing to take 4 days off. This at a very critical time right before an absolutely insanely busy summer season, so I'm SUPER thankful. I gotta tell you - this really transformed my outlook on work, life, etc. And I feel better health-wise too. I feel (& act) a whole lot more like ME now, rather than the burned-out zombie I was.

So - this time off, combined with all of your caring words continue to hold me up. AND...my Audio 100 CD's arrived, and I just completed session 1 last night (as I fell asleep)!! I'm so excited to get this hypno underway.

Thanks again for being there for me when I needed it!

~ E.

P.S, - one of these days, I have to learn how NOT to type fast so my posts aren't so stinkin' long!

--------------------
East Palo Alto, CA (San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley)

IBS-C, pain, nausea

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3503 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2095

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review