Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
a very late quick tured happy post
      #2643 - 03/12/03 09:53 PM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

hello everyone!

i am tired as it's been a long day and i don't really have the energy to read everyone's posts but i will sometime.

anyway i just wanted to share my JOY in that I COOKED SOMETHING! this is a big deal for me. i actually had someone tell me once that i better learn how to cook cuz i'll never get married otherwise. i laughed at her. anyway, back to the matter at hand:

my friend is visiting and tonight i made a really neat ramen/veggie/soup, and although it sounds simple and really is, i guess, it looks really fancy and cool and pretty. and i did it all with fresh ingredients all by myself. i'm quite proud of myself, and i just thought i'd share! sometime i'll post the recipe on the recipe board for ya'll.

have a great nite!

beth

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: a very late quick tured happy post new
      #2670 - 03/13/03 05:45 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

You GO Girl! Way to go! You have already discovered a dark secret to cooking. Simplicity ROCKS. It doesn't have to be difficult to taste great. Keep that in mind. I'm sure the Recipe Goddess on the recipe board can suggest some simple no-fail recipes when you are ready to try something new. And by all means, post the soup recipe. Can't wait to see it! Cheers and applause.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#2770 - 03/13/03 09:28 PM
juniorrachel

hee hee. thanx.

beth

#2785 - 03/14/03 04:15 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

Good on you!!! I was once alternatively known as the 'packet queen' due to my dependence on packet mixes when cooking! hehhe...

Am proud of ya.

#2797 - 03/14/03 07:12 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Beth - that's great! I find cooking is very creative and adventurous.

My adventure yesterday was: My sister and her husband were coming up to visit--I haven't seen them in 3 yrs. Anyway, I wanted to make a nice dinner and bake some bread. Like a dummy, I made bread I hadn't made before and it turned out about 6" high and looked terrible. (it tasted good, though). Talk about disappointed.

Anyway, welcome to the cooking world. I think if you don't fret over the concept, you'll make out fine. I rarely ever make a recipe the way it says to. That's the adventurer in me, I guess.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Re: a very late quick TIRED happy post new
      #2825 - 03/14/03 01:40 PM
juniorrachel

gosh i just noticed i put "tured" instead of "tired" man, i must have been more tired than i thought.

well, i haven't gotten to the point where i can experiment too much, cuz although i'm an adventurer, i really have never been good at cooking. most experiments don't do too well and being as poor as i am i can't throw away things cuz they didn't work, so i play it on the safe side.

in college i remember my mom sent me a whole bag of jasmine rice (luv that stuff) and i tried to make it in a hot pot and it totally didn't work and it was too dry and so i added some more water and cooked it some more to try to fix it and it came out gooey like mashed potatoes... very bad. and i was so frustrated cuz all i wanted was to have some rice. i think i cried, even.

so my mom bought me a rice maker when i got an apartment. she loves me.

i am really proud that i actually made something not from a bag or a box, though. although things in packages are a lot simpler, so i'll probably still be "Packet Queen II"

;-)

Beth

Re: a very late quick TIRED happy post new
      #2840 - 03/14/03 08:36 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Thought I was just lazy! Concerned about need for rest vs need to work - 2nd interview coming up Tuesday for call-center job - can't miss more than 3 days during first 90 days! But I need the great benefits after the 90 days. The shift would be 11a-7:30p, which might help with the groggy mornings. Have seriously considered 2nd shift. Any recommendations about types of jobs? Is flexible schedule better than regimented? I'm open to whatever works? This is a terrific board - I'm new to all this high-tech communicating!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6600 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1121

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review