All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
immodium question
      #264224 - 05/18/06 04:58 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

So is it safe to take immodium as a pre-emptive strike?
Would there end up being side effects? right now, I am an ibs D (although i'm starting to wonder) Usually if i eat something or are really stressed i get a bad case of D.. BUT then for about a week (or so) I don't have a bowel movement until i get back to normal or get sick again, and it throws off the whole thing.. would that be considered ibs A??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: immodium question new
      #264228 - 05/18/06 05:08 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I'm a D and I use Immodium to prevent attacks all the time. If I take too many I might not go for a day, but that's it for side effects. If you're going whole week after an attack, I'd be careful. Do you have any C symptoms for that time other than not going (cramping, gas, etc.)? You might be able to try just taking a half dose and see how that works.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#264231 - 05/18/06 05:12 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

I tend to get alot of gas depending on what I eat, but the only time I get cramps is either when i'm durring that time of month, or right before i end up having a d attack..
So, is not having a bm for approx a week at a time a bad thing?? (it's been something that i have had all my life and i have never thought of myself as having c symptoms,)

#264270 - 05/19/06 12:18 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

From what I've been told BMs should occur once every 24-48 hours. But if your body has always worked the way it does and you're not experiencing any discomfort from it, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#264330 - 05/19/06 09:52 AM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Immodium is my friend! It's what I rely on before big events I don't want to worry about. This way I can eat at a party or go out to dinner and I know that the Immodium will prevent most flare ups. It can make me a little constipated the next day or so but then I up the fruit and insol. fiber to balance it out. You might be able to find a good balance between the two.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2425 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 553

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review