All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
strange..
      #263570 - 05/15/06 08:10 PM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

i cut all red meats out of my diet, all i eat is boneless, skinless chicken, and i feel soo much better, now i have to figure out what side dishes i can eat but its strange cause now when i do try steak or something like that, i dont care for it like i used to!..and i loved steak, has anyone else felt different about foods once you started trying new ones?

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh yeah! new
      #263576 - 05/15/06 09:14 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

That's happened to me, quite a lot. I haven't had dairy in so long that when I did happen to try a little bit of something, it tasted like liquid lard. Truly gross. I haven't craved it since. Fried foods, the same thing.

Your tastes do change, especially if you find that the new foods taste good and make you feel better - you kind of lose all incentive to want the old stuff!

Re: Oh yeah! new
      #263711 - 05/16/06 04:57 PM
chely24

i think its so cool, i used to hate chicken lol then its all i could eat cause im so picky now i love it, now i just need good ideas for side dishes, any suggestions??

--------------------

#263752 - 05/16/06 07:32 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

Steam some carrots. If vinegar doesn't bother you make some Harvard beets, rice with strained cream corn on top. Portabello mushroom sliced and sautéed with pam in a skillet. Couscous with garlic and spices next to some green beans. Can you tell I like veggies now, I use to hate them. As long as they are cooked well and I avoid the gassy ones like broccoli, cabbage etc. I do fine. And most important I must have a SF first in my stomach. I posted about letting some triggers slip by but the ones that have no appeal are beef, pork, whole eggs, cows milk, fried foods, butter and all of the packaged snacks are just yucky to me now. I have eaten some cheese in restaurants but really I like the soy cheese ok.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#263781 - 05/16/06 07:57 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Tabouleh is really good too. I make it with quinoa.

#263809 - 05/16/06 08:26 PM
chely24

lol what do i do if i hate vegetables??

--------------------

#263815 - 05/17/06 04:42 AM
Becca LG

Reged: 04/07/06
Loc: Minneapolis, MN

But there are so many different types of veggies and so many different ways to cook them, you're bound to find something you like!!

You can start out with maybe veggies mixed in with things... instead of a full side dish in itself, mix them into your sauces or pasta/rice/other grains. Keep experimenting until you find something you do like!! And check out the recipes forum for ideas.

-Becca

--------------------
At least I've learned a lot about my
body...

IBS-A and still figuring things out

#263816 - 05/17/06 04:47 AM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

My advice for hating veggies is to keep looking for some veg recipes until you hit something that you may not LOVE but it is bearable. Try some sugar in yellow squash, brown sugar on sweet potatoes. This site and Heather's books have some good recipes. For me it's a matter of getting used to something different. I am a very bland eater so plain rice with just a little soy sauce works. Throw some fresh spinach in a banana smoothie. Saw this on Rachel Ray. Boosts your health with good veggies and the flavor is masked. Good luck.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Yup! Love stuff I used to hate and hate stuff I used to love. -nt new
      #263963 - 05/17/06 04:49 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4325 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 927

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review