All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Did you guys have to work up to a full cup? new
      #263573 - 05/15/06 09:07 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I purchase my soy milk--SO NICE, natural.

There are tons of almond milk recipes online. It's just pure water and steeped raw almonds. I'll post the recipe on the recipe board. I've made it with hemp, and cashews as well.

Kate, IBS-D.

Edited by Wind (05/15/06 09:19 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Soy Milk Brands -- Feedback and Working up to a cup new
      #263661 - 05/16/06 12:39 PM
MustLoveHorses

Reged: 04/18/06

I generally do not drink a cup of soy by itself as, yes, it can cause gas for me. I use it primarily in my cold cereals, then drink what's left; which is not usually a cups worth. However!! If I drink about .5c slowly - sipping at it for a few minutes - and add my Benefiber, I usually do ok with MINIMAL gas.

Thank you for the feedback on the diff. Light varieties of soy milk. I will continue to work my way through the brands until I find just the right one. I do like the Silk and may try the Light version next.

Thanks again! Cheers!

Re: Soy Milk Brands & gas new
      #263744 - 05/16/06 07:04 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I know that "gas" is a major issue with soy milk experiences. In my experience (and I'm sure I've tried all brands available in Canada), most of the gas is caused by the additives--sugars and flavour enhancers.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Soy Milk Brands -- Can I get some input?? new
      #263775 - 05/16/06 07:54 PM
nanajoan

Reged: 05/16/06

Hi,
I'm new to the Board. Soy has never worked for me, so I was thrilled to find rice milk. It is fresher tasting than Soy which can be so heavy and beanish. I use either Nature's Promise brand from Stop and Shop or Rice Dream brand. Both are delicious. I have baked with rice milk (I make Heather's pumpkin apple spice bread all the time for my Sunday school group)and use it in puddings. It's fabulous. Soy has such a soy taste - I just can't stand it. Rice milk tastes more like milk. It's great on cereal too.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1106 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2398

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review