All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Chinese Herbs
      #262915 - 05/11/06 06:02 PM
mtmtmt

Reged: 04/09/06

I am IBS-C. I have had abdominal pain, gasiness, bloating and constipation. All the wonderful symptoms we all share. I tried Zelnorm for a month. It worked pretty well but didn't eliminate the constipation and I still had symptoms, albeit lessened. I have been off Zelnorm now for 10 days.

I am currently taking a Chinese herb called Xiang Sha Yan Wei Wan (Hsiang stomach Pill). I have been on it now for 5 days. It is working!!! I take 8 pills three times daily but today for the first time in a long time, I ate with very little aftermath!!

I just wanted to share this and will definitely keep you updated because if it works for me, it might work for other IBS-C'ers.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chinese Herbs new
      #262965 - 05/11/06 08:50 PM
Becca LG

Reged: 04/07/06
Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Cool! Is it recommended as just for IBS-C? Glad its helping you...

--------------------
At least I've learned a lot about my
body...

IBS-A and still figuring things out

#262967 - 05/11/06 09:01 PM
mtmtmt

The symptoms I reported to to the doctor that advised me to start this medication were constipation, bloating, fullness abdominal pain and gasiness. So, I assume that if you have these symptoms, it might work for you.

#263012 - 05/12/06 06:52 AM
rlhilliard

Reged: 08/05/05
Loc: Racine, WI

my boss has a friend that is into Chinese medicine and things. I'm not sure what it is all about, but I heard it works well. I'm glad this is working for you! it is nice to hear success stories.

--------------------
yep, it's me,
Rebecca

Where did you find this product? new
      #263015 - 05/12/06 06:58 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I'm really interested!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Where did you find this product? new
      #263728 - 05/16/06 06:11 PM
mtmtmt

Hi. Sorry I haven't responded sooner. I have been off the boards for a few days. Guess why? Because I feel really good!! I took the herb for 7 days and it was like a miracle. I am no longer on it now b/c I am trying to get pregnant and can't take the herb while pregnant. But, 2 days off the herb and I am still fine! That is the basis of Chinese Medicine - to rebalance the body and it rebalanced me! I still have some mild constipation but I can eat with NO pain, NO gas, NO bloating, NO fear!
I got the herb from a company that will only sell to doctors but I also found it at www.healingplace.com. If you cut and paste the herb's name (see my first post) and do a search, you will find a bunch of different places that carry it. Healingplace.com has the same exact brand I was taking.
Good luck - I truly hope it works for you! I feel normal again!

#263792 - 05/16/06 08:02 PM
nanajoan

Reged: 05/16/06

Hi,
Did your doctor suggest you take this herb mix? I mean what exactly is it? It could be helping your tummy and killing off your liver. (ha ha) I want to know what something is before I put it in my body. What does Heather say about it?

#263823 - 05/17/06 06:02 AM
Knewada

Reged: 11/07/05
Loc: Ohio

Found this information.

Hsiang Stomach Pill is a natural herbal supplement which enables men and women to eliminate that bloating and distressful feelings of stomach upset. If Hsiang Stomach Pill is taken regularly, individuals will no longer be deprived of enjoyable good eating. Hsiang Stomach Pill is a natural product which have been used for hundreds of years by Chinese herbalist as a safe and effective dietary supplement in treating the discomfort of gastric distress.

Functions and indications:
Classical foundation formula to tonify spleen qi, and remove clamp and phlegm. For poor digestion due to phlegm-damp, with poor appetite, loose stools or diarrhea, indigestion, acid regurgitation, and nausea. Also useful for dizziness or mental disorders due to stomach phlegm accumulation.

Contents: 200 pills (160mg each)

Net Wt.: 1.13 oz (32g)

Ingredients: Citrus Peel (Citrus reticulata) 17.39mg, Licorice Root (Glcyrrhiza uralensis) 5.25mg, Aucklandia Root (Aucklandia lappa): 12.17mg, Atractylodes Root 17.39mg, Herbal Agastachis: 12.17mg, Cyperus Root: 12.17mg, Poria Fungus: 17.39mg, Pinellia Root: 17.39mg, Amomum Peel: 12.17mg, Magnolia Peel: 12.17mg

Direction: Take 8 pills 3 times a day as a herbal supplement. Do not use if pregnant.

This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

--------------------
If one end don’t get yah, the other will.

Do these ingredients look safe? new
      #263830 - 05/17/06 06:46 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...or do you guys think this is a false hope? (waste of money, gimmick, etc). Of course, it would be taken in addition to the EFI diet.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Do these ingredients look safe? new
      #263866 - 05/17/06 08:26 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Definitely talk to your doctor before starting this. Some of these ingredients (like licorice root) may interact with or negate the effects of medications you're currently on. It may help, but even though it's "natural" or an herbal remedy doesn't automatically make it safe or without side effects. You can look up the individual ingredients here:

Medline Plus Herb and Supplement index.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 390 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3109

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review