All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question for the ladies
      #262876 - 05/11/06 01:06 PM
stidesheaven

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Colorado

Has anyone here ever had "rectocele"? A condition that can be caused by chronic constipation or straining? I recently went to the gyno due to unexplained bleeding and it looks like I have "rectocele" which is where the rectal cavity actually bubbles up against the vaginal wall due to chronic constipation and straining. Women can get this in various ways,childbirth alsoi being one of them. I am going to the doc again on Tuesday after the bleeding stops (I am now taking birth control low hormone generic Mircette to stop the bleeding). I have read it a million times to NOT PUSH in the bathroom because this or that might happen and I keep thinking what if it happens to me but yet I still do it- well THIS can happen and it's not pleasant so please DON'T PUSH.

Edited by stidesheaven (05/11/06 02:08 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question for the ladies new
      #264734 - 05/22/06 06:52 AM
hopeful

Reged: 05/19/06

i've never heard of rectocele and i guess my last two clueless doctors hadn't either. it certainly sounds like something i may have, though. during both pap tests, each gyno said the same thing "you're bleeding and why is your cervix bruised?". if i knew the answer to that what would i need them for? i hope i can find a new doc who knows more about it.

Re: Question for the ladies new
      #264735 - 05/22/06 06:58 AM
hopeful

Reged: 05/19/06

Here's some info, http://www.fascrs.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=19, if anyone else is interested.

There is a poster on here... new
      #264736 - 05/22/06 07:05 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...who just had surgery for this. If you do a search, you'll be able to read some of her posts. Her username is ecmmbm. You can click on her name and then click on show users posts and read up on it.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 731 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 714

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review