All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Indian diet or Any Indian on board
      #262382 - 05/09/06 02:54 AM
ibsonline

Reged: 05/09/06

Hi,

I am Sameer from India and let me congratulate the ppl behind this site.
I was looking for diet and / or other related info on the site. I found that most of the food mentinoed on the site is either for ppl in US or not meant for ppl in India. So can any one throw some light on Indian version.
Also my observation abt the things that are there for shopping is that it is really costly for us when converted in Indian currency, sometimes it costs more than somebody's monthly salary.
Thanx a lot in advance
Regards
Sameer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Indian diet or Any Indian on board new
      #262453 - 05/09/06 08:47 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Welcome!

You can do it without the expensive bits and pieces.

Keep it simple- avoid red meat and too much ghee or oil, and yogurt based sauces. Apply the rules to what you eat and seek out soluble foods, mangoes mmm!

There was a Pakistani lady on the boards before, Jennifer 1946- if you email her (check her address in her profile) she might have more tips, or go through her posts.

Also try a search for India or Indian on the boards for all dates, we have discussed indian food lots here.

--------------------
S.

Re: Indian diet or Any Indian on board new
      #262586 - 05/09/06 08:33 PM
ibsonline

Reged: 05/09/06

Thanx a lot for ur reply. Bread and manoges are not suitable for me I have tried it already. I m searching for Indian version.
Any way I want to share my experience / foods that is helping me but not curing me 100%
1) In yoga, I am doing Vajrasan ( dont know english version).This asana can be done after lunch,dinner at any time which enhances ur digestion power.
2) I am eating one Morawala (Amla marinated in sugar syrup) daily this has also helped me a lot.

Please let me know anyone needs more info on this.

Interesting website new
      #262589 - 05/09/06 08:58 PM
Becca LG

Reged: 04/07/06
Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Hi,
Does bread actually make you sick or is it not available? Is it whole grain breads, white breads, or fried? I know some flatbreads are fried instead of baked... maybe baking your own would be ok? Basic white breads are typically pretty easy to digest with IBS so if you have problems with that it might not be IBS...

Also, I stumbled upon this website a while back finding herb types of things to help instead of medicines... maybe it'll guide you in the right direction. I've found that cooking with these spices tend to help. I have a bunch of indian friends (fortunately for them without IBS) and they use a lot of these spices in their cooking in general anyway web page

Another thing to keep in mind is that you probably don't want to be eating lots and lots of veggies/beans unless they are very cooked and with rice or potatoes or whatever else you can eat.

About the cost... the stuff that ends up getting expensive is meat replacements, cheese replacements, completely organic things... you don't have to do all of that to control your stomach. Just be mindful of how you cook things (peel and seed when you can, mash/boil/steam instead of frying or cooking with oils) and how you eat them (lots at one sitting triggers my stomach or raw fruit on an empty stomach kills me too).

Keep up the yoga and good luck!
-Becca

--------------------
At least I've learned a lot about my
body...

IBS-A and still figuring things out

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3541 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 348

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review