All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Question of the day...Things you used to be able to eat but no longer can....(m) new
      #2712 - 03/13/03 10:58 AM
biscrandi

Reged: 03/13/03
Loc: Fishers, Indiana

I have IBS and mine has been getting more sensitive. Before I could eat raw veggies. But this week I have done that and have been sick from it. This is a disease or syndrome is driving me crazy! I have had this for 4 years now, but I don't think you EVER get use to it. I am tired of getting my kids one meal at a fast food place and then coming home to have to make a seperate meal just for me. I am feeling I might as well not eat. Then there is nothing to get sick from.
Sorry for the blah blah blah. But it has been a bad week for eating.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question of the day...Things you used to be able to eat but no longer can....(m) new
      #2732 - 03/13/03 12:07 PM
Zaftig1

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: USA

Yes I'm Jewish, through and through!
And I'm a big healthy girl too...yeah, baby! (as Austin Powers would say

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind".

#2745 - 03/13/03 01:06 PM
miva

Reged: 03/04/03
Loc: Virginia

I miss Steak&Cheese subs, good NY pizza, buffalo wings,w/real bluecheese dressing, death by chocolate, McDonald's Caramel Sundays and a hearty guiness to wash it all down.

all the best - mike.

#2746 - 03/13/03 01:06 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I know how you feel Biscrandi!

It bothers me too that my husband can order in dinner from our favorite restuarant, order our favorite dish and then I have to cook for myself.

I haven't been able to find something to tell myself to make it easier to watch him eat all the "good stuff".

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#2760 - 03/13/03 03:39 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Sharon - You are really hilarious, you know that! I love Jersey Tomatoes. There's nothing like a tomato sandwich. I'm not sure if a tomato would bother me, but I sure plan on finding out this summer! But the corn....what more can I say. I think I may try at least a little this summer. Corn & I had a nasty fight last summer though, so I'm not sure....

I do still have asparagus. I had some the other night with dinner. I steam it with lemon juice on the stove till it's really soft. Yummy!

Mags

#2786 - 03/14/03 04:23 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

I really miss McDonalds quarter pounder with cheese, caffe lattes (caramel from starbucks), flavoured milk drinks and coke, kfc and pizza. Can't half tell I'm on a diet too - miss the 'good' stuff.

I might be a little luckier than some - I'm pretty ok with meat (not pork though).

#2787 - 03/14/03 04:24 AM
tlc

Oh God yes, I forgot about all the lovely creamy pastas ... YOu are making me hungry!

Re: Yatala Pies new
      #2788 - 03/14/03 04:25 AM
tlc

I know Yatala pies well! My uncle would bring one to my grandparent's house every Christmas Day!!! WHere in bris are you from?

#2794 - 03/14/03 06:55 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Z1 - Welcome to our board!!! Guess I'm the only other Jewish person on this board since no one picked up on your name. When I saw your name,, bells and whitstles went off in my head.

My Mom died in 2001 and I really miss her cooking. In fact the other day I made fried motza and I used egg beaters. It turned out pretty good. My husband (not Jewish) even ate it! It's a good IBS meal, too.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#2796 - 03/14/03 07:01 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

OK, Mags - thx for the compliment! There IS NOTHING better than a Jersey tomato sandwich with Velveeta, mayo on white bread. OMG, I can't believe I'm thinking of this stuff. You guys are B A D!

Okay, here's a good one that I miss...When my Mom would make a pork roast, she'd score the fat on the top, put all kinds of spices and herbs on it and then roast it till it was well done. The fat on the top that was scored was SO crispy and tasty, I just used to stand over the roasting pan and pick the little squares of fat off and eat it. OMG, it was so good. The same with steak. She'd leave some of the fat on the sides, score it and when it was done broiling, that fat was absolutely heaven. It was better than sex!! Really!!!

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2195 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 47864

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review