All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Jules...any updates? new
      #264811 - 05/22/06 01:48 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

He put me on Prozac...but I don't think it's helping much. He told me Celexa would constipate me worse. Also, my other doctor will not do allergy testing for me! Why????

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#264870 - 05/22/06 03:55 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Hmmm, I would try and push for allergy testing. I switched GIs and my new one was very empathetic. You can also order the tests yourself, but they can be expensive. I think you can order directly from the lab that makes them, and then take them into a local lab and have them draw your blood. If you want more info let me know and I'll look it up in The False Fat Diet book.

--------------------
~jules

#264901 - 05/22/06 07:35 PM
Becca LG

Reged: 04/07/06
Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Personally I found allergy testing to be a waste of time and money, but if you are really unsure as to if its allergies or not then go for it. You can probably get your regular doctor (not just a GI) to send you to an allergist. Not sure what the cheapest way is though.

-Becca

--------------------
At least I've learned a lot about my
body...

IBS-A and still figuring things out

#265148 - 05/23/06 05:07 PM
jules

I had my allergy testing today. I'm allergic to milk, egg yolks, peas, hazelnuts and peanuts, and a variety of tree pollins, dust mites.

I have ZERO typical allergies, no seasonal allergies, etc. The allergist was VERY surprised that I had tested positive for so many.

My next step is to get a biopsy for something that would be causing allergens in my intestinal track. I cannot for the life of me remember what the name of it is.

The allergy was covered by my insurance and only cost me a copay.

--------------------
~jules

Edited by jules (05/23/06 05:08 PM)

What type of doctor did this for you? new
      #265166 - 05/23/06 06:07 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I want to get tested for allergies so badly. How did they do this? A blood test at the hospital? Or some other way? Did you go to an allergy doctor?

did the doctor feel that if you avoid these foods/allergens that you won't have GI problems anymore? How awesome would that be!

Very interested!

Oh, are you going to keep doing the False Fat diet? Or just avoid these allergen foods?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: What type of doctor did this for you? new
      #265478 - 05/25/06 06:44 AM
jules

It was a scratch test on my back. The allergist said that the blood testing that the author of the FFD talked about was not accurate. Which was discouraging.

Also, since I'm an allergic person, there's a biopsy that can be done to determine if there's allergens in my intestinal track (I'm not sure if I got this correct, she threw some big words at me)...which would help me further avoid foods that irritate my bowels.

I went to an allergy doctor. Call your GI and see if they can refer you to an allergist for testing.

--------------------
~jules

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2683 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3778

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review