All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need advice ...is my future ruined?
      #261270 - 05/03/06 08:40 AM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

I've only realized that I had IBC-C a while ago, and it's only been starting to get really bad this/last year. Before then, I sent in an application for modeling and was accepted! Of course, I was extremely excited and started to make plans for after high school (this is my graduating year) ..But since my IBS-C has gotten worse, would I be able to pull a career such as this off? Or should I reinvent my entire future? ..I just need advice. I'm sure IBS has ruined many careers. I don't really know what to do.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need advice ...is my future ruined? new
      #261302 - 05/03/06 11:35 AM
nanashr

Reged: 04/25/06
Loc: Ohio

Have you read through the website and Heather's EFI Diet? There are many many helpful things listed on here. The diet and SFS and probiotics have helped me. I am IBS-D and I am still struggling to become stable, but I have found a lot of great help here.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nancy - IBS-D

#261313 - 05/03/06 12:13 PM
Alli

Oh, I can assure you that I am not a newbie. It's just that sometimes (almost always) when I eat something I still get bloated, and I was wondering if this is going to ruin anything I have planned for the future, and if anyone else had experiences with this ruining their future. Are/were there any other models who had IBS-C around these boards? I just wanted general advice on my possible career. ..weither or not I should unfortunately have to reconsider my current options.

#261315 - 05/03/06 12:36 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I'm pretty sure Tyra Banks has IBS -- I think I remember her saying that on AMNTM, and I think we've discussed it on the boards a couple times. Anyway it's kind of hokey but I wonder if you could write her a letter and see if she has any tips for you? If not, at least you know of one VERY sucessful model who has made it inspite her IBS!

As for the physical signs of IBS, I understand why you'd be concerned about looking bloated. It sometimes is the last symptom to go away, but with plenty of gasx and fennel tea, and the right diet, and even hypno, you can definitely get it under control. Don't let it get in your way!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Don't give up! - nt - new
      #261388 - 05/03/06 04:38 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#261410 - 05/03/06 08:01 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I agree with most of the responses! don't give up!

psychological studies show that the more people succumb to their illness/disorders/diseases the worst they actually become. Although ibs is a true syndrome (trust me I know.. I have it).. stressing and feeling anxious about it will only make it worse.

I say try it out.. worse comes to worse you can quit.. but hopefully finding joy in something else will actually help alleviate your symptoms because you're happy and doing something you love (your ibs probably won't go away.. but it will be a lot better than it would be if you wished you were doing something and didn't do it bc of IBS(. Also, it is true that Tyra banks has IBS-C.. she's mentioned it on her show a few times.

I say give it a shot, and dont' give up before you try!

--------------------

WOAH!! Coincidence.. new
      #261418 - 05/03/06 09:18 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I was just watching americas next top model tonight and (TOTAL COINCIDENCE) Tyra mentioned her IBS tonight..

she said..
I have a stomach condition and sometimes the pain is so unbearable.. but I just have to model through it.
she must have been talking about IBS bc she's mentioned on the show before.

--------------------

Re: Thanks everyone new
      #261566 - 05/04/06 12:48 PM
Alli

It's really good to know that I can have someone to talk to about these sorts of things. Thanks.
I wonder how Tyra Banks manages to keep the bloating under control? ..
I might try ...maybe I can manage, but some days I just that it is impossible!!! If I have to work for a day, and I am bloated the same day, how would it be even possible?? It seems like a lot of trouble.
I guess I have some reconsidering to do. But I really want this as a career

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3863 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 954

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review