All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
fibresmart and can't sleep, should i try the acacia?
      #260348 - 04/27/06 07:35 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

so herethe story, i was taking the dr natura for a year, just the fibre, then switched to fibresmart a week ago, but since i started the fibresmart i am having trouble sleeping, since the very day i started taking it, and my BM are still loose, as they were on the dr natura, i was hoping that not taking the psyllium would firm things up ( i am ibs-c, but the dr natura made me regular, but now loose) should i cave and try ordering the acacia? i like the idea of flax and the fennel and slippery elm that are in the fibresmart, but maybe the tryphala is too much? (its in the fibresmart too)
i will try just flax meal on its own, for now, can i take the acacia and flax meal, or is that too much.
i just need to find the best fibre supplement for me once and for all,
basically since taking my herbs from DTCM things move well, but now too well, i need to pick a fibre supplement to make things even.
heeeeelp

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: fibresmart and can't sleep, should i try the acacia? new
      #260462 - 04/27/06 03:47 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

So you just changed over without slowly getting yourself off the cleanse? That might be a problem.

#260463 - 04/27/06 03:56 PM
ibsnotme

Reged: 03/07/06

Slippery elm is a natural laxative so its probably what's making you loose! It's hard to balance everything out, isn't it?

#260477 - 04/27/06 06:18 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

the part of the dr natura i have been taking for the last year was not the full cleanse, just their fibre supplement, but i think i have officially decided to try either just flax or acacia, as all the other fibre supplements have so many other herbs added, like the slippery elm, etc, i need to go simpler, so iordered the acacia and caps and tea and will take the plain flax alone until it arrives, and see how that goes, hopefully well.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 489 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 644

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review