All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
back from the Rhumey....
      #259844 - 04/24/06 09:40 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Well, he said I have "lax" joints, & that is not arthuritis. I have good range of motion. It could possibly be a pinched nerve, or carpeltunel. Nothin too serious. I have to go for more blood work, to check my thyroid & get an EMG test. (anyone know what that is?) Other than that, just take 3 Advil a day, keep my wrists in supports, get one of those rubber balls to excersize & build up th muscle & I go back to see him in 2 weeks.

I feel pretty good, considering how much he had to hit my joints. Good news all in all...
Just an update....

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: back from the Rhumey.... new
      #259845 - 04/24/06 09:47 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Glad to hear its not arthritis!! The EMG test, is that the one with the electrical stimulants??

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: he didn't say.. new
      #259847 - 04/24/06 09:54 AM
Kiwii

I didn't think to ask, cause if so, I may not want to know that. But whatever, got to get it done, so....

How are doing? Have your meds kicked in yet?

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Re: back from the Rhumey.... new
      #259848 - 04/24/06 09:55 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I had an EMG test a couple weeks ago to test for carpal tunnel. They just hook you up to little electrodes and record how your nerves respond to the shocks. It is tiny little zaps, no pain, nothing to be worried about. I did have ink markers all over my arms and hands when I was done but that it about it! Good luck!

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: he didn't say.. new
      #259854 - 04/24/06 10:06 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

No, still waiting for the meds. I see the rheumy next Monday. I stopped the alsulfadine and indomythecin because they were making me sick and my ibs worse. I'm still on the placquenil though. I can't try any of the other RA meds if I want to try and get pregnant in the next year though.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: sorry to hear that... new
      #259857 - 04/24/06 10:18 AM
Kiwii

I hope you find something that works for you.
Have a great day!!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Re: UPDATE... new
      #259959 - 04/25/06 04:59 AM
Kiwii

Well I got one of those excersize balls to squeeze, & used it last night. Man, I feel 10x better than I have in the last 2 months. I woke up this morning with no pain or stiffness!! I'm wearing my support today also. Still have to shedule the EMG test, but just had to report the good news! Yea excersize!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Re: UPDATE... new
      #259968 - 04/25/06 06:03 AM
AlyssaKaye2

Reged: 04/14/06

Congratulations!

Just wanted to say that sometimes an EMG does involve needles, depending on the muscles they are interested in. Muscles close to the surface can be tested with only the electrodes, deeper muscles need needles to pinpoint what is active/ inactive. In case you need them--the needles are small, and if you are able to relax your muscles, relatively painless. I wasn't wasn't able to relax mine (that was the whole point, why I was having the EMG done!) and it was not pleasant at all. I've had them since, and it's been a much better experience. Also, if the tech leaves the volume up (which they usually do, they get allot of information from the noise) you'll hear lots of static, fuzzing crackeling noises that get louder/ faster, and then softer again, so don't let that freak you out. It's actually pretty cool....

Best of luck, and I'm so glad you are seeing improvement already!

Thank you AlyssaKaye!.... new
      #259977 - 04/25/06 07:07 AM
Kiwii

I'm not too worried about the test. Thank you for the inside scoop there. I'm sure it'll help put my mind at ease!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3163 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 793

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review