All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Thanks guys but........... new
      #260046 - 04/25/06 01:04 PM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

I dont seem to have any problems with gluten, bread sits fine with me as does pasta and the like, I dont really want to eat bread in the morning as it starts to feel like its all I ever eat, I'd love to try cream of rice but in the UK they all have some kind of dairy in them be it milk or cream. I am wondering if it was the amount of oatmeal I was having, I was starting to get a bit greedy eating quite a large bowl every morning, so this morning I had it again but a smaller bowl full and that was fine, though as we all know with IBS that doesn't necessarily mean a thing!!! Think I'm just gonna try having a small bowful in the mornings and see if things improve. I dont want to give up my on oatmeal just yet as I really enjoy it. But if anyone knows of a cream of rice in the UK without dairy please let me know x x x

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanks guys but........... new
      #260060 - 04/25/06 03:11 PM
AlyssaKaye2

Reged: 04/14/06

Did you check the baby food section? I'm not in the UK, so I buy the Gerber kind (don't know your stores carry that...), but all the ones I've seen here, even the store brands are just rice and sometimes soy lethicin. Most are fortified too. Maybe some of the "breakfast cereal" types have the milk, but not the baby food? You can also buy it will apples or bannana or some other things already in it, but I've never tried that--has anyone else? I just put brown sugar and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice in mine usually....I've stirred in applesauce once or twice too.

Thanks I'll check that out nt new
      #260416 - 04/27/06 12:41 PM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1968 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1865

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review