All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
some good news to share!
      #259763 - 04/23/06 01:49 PM
ErinB

Reged: 04/11/06
Loc: Raleigh, NC

Just thought I'd share some good news! Tuesday and Wed. were the FIRST D free days I've had since right after Thanksgiving! The only thing I did differently those days was add some benefiber to my OJ in the morning and diet coke in the afternoon!

Also, as some of you may know, I have 5 different disease/illenesses with eating issues involved (insulin resistance, IBS, gall bladder, GERD, and anemia). I'm still planning on going to a nutritionist, but for the time being I'm going to try to follow the IBS diet as much as a can since IBS, gall bladder, GERD and anemia have pretty similar guidelines and not as much conflict. I was getting really stressed b/c eating for IBS and insulin resistance pretty much completely contradict each other. I talked to my mom last night who is also insulin resistant and I told her about my struggles. She advised me for now not to worry about diet for insulin resistance b/c just losing weight can reverse it and I should just try and focus on losing weight for insulin resistance rather than following a diet for insulin resistance and just watch my sugar intake since I'm borderline type 2 diabetes. I think until I can get to a nutritionist, that is what I will do. Right now I'm making lists of foods that I can and can't eat categorized by disease and also what I jus won't eat since I'm a picky eater so that when I do find a nutritionist, it will be easier to figure out which foods to eliminate, etc.

Anyway, just wanted to share that.

--------------------
Erin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IBS-D, GERD...
I got it comin' outta 1 end or the other!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: some good news to share! new
      #259790 - 04/23/06 07:30 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

That's good news, but you still need to go cold turkey on the sodas.

#259836 - 04/24/06 08:58 AM
ErinB

Reged: 04/11/06
Loc: Raleigh, NC

I can't or I'll get migraines, I've already tried.

--------------------
Erin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IBS-D, GERD...
I got it comin' outta 1 end or the other!

#259846 - 04/24/06 09:49 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Took me a month to get off caffiene. But I put a coffee on my desk and took sips when I got the headache. It completely disappeared when I took the sip!! Caffeine addiction is so weird! I never realized how serious it was until I tried to get off of it.

~nelly~

migranes and caffeine new
      #259878 - 04/24/06 12:49 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Took a week for my caffeine migranes to stop ... something you must do.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1882 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 620

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review