All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Food Intolerance test
      #259513 - 04/21/06 04:16 PM
maia

Reged: 10/15/05
Loc: Kaua'i, Hawai'i

I just got my food intolerance test back, and I seem to be allergic to MOST foods! Only fish, oats and olives seem to be in the clear (well, a few more things like peas). Of the few foods I an NOT allergic to, many are not good for IBS! How much should I trust such a test? I mean, if I elimnate the foods it says I'm allergic to AND the foods not good or iffy for IBS there is only fish and oats left!!

--------------------
Maia Nartoomid
IBS-C, spastic gas
Kaua'i, Hawai'i

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Food Intolerance test new
      #259517 - 04/21/06 04:22 PM
LostCode

Reged: 04/04/06

lol..sometimes I think that's about how much I can eat too. Hey Fish, Oats and olives sound kind of good to me! Where did you get this done at and how much was the cost?

--------------------
Jon - (IBS C)

#259710 - 04/23/06 07:16 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Which test did you have done? Is it a well known test? Did a doctor do it? How many foods did it say you were intolerant for?

Before you make any drastic cuts in foods that will sacrifice your nutritional needs (and I remember you are trying to gain weight), I would try another company's test to see if all the foods from the first test come back the same way.

You can't live on Oats and fish....boring and nutritionally deficient! You'll get a whole bunch of other health problems with your bones, organs, immune system...and overall health if you only eat a few foods. And from what I've heard, if you don't rotate your foods more (only eat the same few things over and over) you, supposedly become intolerant of those foods! I don't know if that is scientificly proven...but I have read this.

Are you following the food intolerance suggestions now? Is it making you feel any better?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#259745 - 04/23/06 11:13 AM
maia

Reged: 10/15/05
Loc: Kaua'i, Hawai'i

The test was done at the Meridian Valley Laboratory In Washington state. The sheet says it is an MLV allergy proceedure." I haven't gone back to my Dr. with it - will next week - and then I will know more. I just have the paper right now.

It is broken down into "insignificant", "moderate" and "significant". I have only a few foods in "insignificant". Most are in "moderate" and "significant". In grains only oats are in "insignificant", alon with alla vegetahles excpet black olives, lentil (I can't eat any beans!) peas (insoluable) and potato. THAT'S IT! I can have chicken, turkey and RED meat...and fish.

I am at my wit's end, as I now have dipped down under 80 lbs. (a good weight for me would be 98 lbs). To tell you the truth, except for wheat and dairy and beans (really bad)it doesn't seem to matter WHAT I eat - it is just THAT I eat. Anything going into my gut is bad for me. My husband suspects that along with leaky gut I may have SIBO. He is looking into having me tested for it, but on this tiny island (Kaua'i) it may not be an option.

Thanks for the advice! We will look into getting another test. Do you have any recommendations for a lab?

--------------------
Maia Nartoomid
IBS-C, spastic gas
Kaua'i, Hawai'i

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 594 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 534

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review