All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Urinary Urgency
      #257878 - 04/12/06 01:35 PM
Gab

Reged: 12/28/05

Hello guys!!

Does your IBS cause you to have urinary urgency sometimes???? My IBS is acting up and I'm having this urgency to pee frequently… I don't have any pain, just the frequency…

Do any of you have this problem?

Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Urinary Urgency new
      #257911 - 04/12/06 03:09 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

Are you taking any medications, like antidepressants or such? I'm asking, because when I was on Elavil for awhile, it made me have to pee every five or ten minutes! Also, since I've been drinking more water (because of IBS), I have to go to the bathroom A LOT more then usual. Hope this helps!

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

Re: Yes! new
      #257912 - 04/12/06 03:13 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I thought I was imagining things. It hasn't happened to me in a while, but before I was stable I went through that many times. Usually it came along with bloating, I'd be crazy bloated and heavy-feeling (but no cramping or D) and I'd have to pee a lot, and it was urgent. And I wasn't necessarily drinking more water or anything. I blame it simply on pressure maybe? My abdomen would feel like it was all under a lot of pressure, and felt better for a little bit after peeing, then would start up again.

I haven't gotten that since I became stable, so I assume it was always related to my IBS.
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#257913 - 04/12/06 03:14 PM
K2

I've been adding a lot more water to my diet as well, and for the first week or so had to pee so often! It gets better though, your body gets used to it. Unless you're just drinking tons and tons of water.
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#257925 - 04/12/06 04:08 PM
Gab

Quote:

Are you taking any medications, like antidepressants or such? I'm asking, because when I was on Elavil for awhile, it made me have to pee every five or ten minutes! Also, since I've been drinking more water (because of IBS), I have to go to the bathroom A LOT more then usual. Hope this helps!

No I'm not taking any medications well besides the contraceptive pill.

#257926 - 04/12/06 04:09 PM
Gab

Quote:

I thought I was imagining things. It hasn't happened to me in a while, but before I was stable I went through that many times. Usually it came along with bloating, I'd be crazy bloated and heavy-feeling (but no cramping or D) and I'd have to pee a lot, and it was urgent. And I wasn't necessarily drinking more water or anything. I blame it simply on pressure maybe? My abdomen would feel like it was all under a lot of pressure, and felt better for a little bit after peeing, then would start up again.

I haven't gotten that since I became stable, so I assume it was always related to my IBS.
Kat

Thanks for replying... may I ask how did you get stable? I'm having a tough time with my IBS now. I'm following the diet but I'm not feeling so well

#257930 - 04/12/06 04:18 PM
K2

First off, I'm IBS-D. I got stable by following Heather's diet to the detail. I got the Acacia fiber and started with the Break the Cycle diet, then slowly added in IF foods. I try to exercise regularily and keep my stress low, but really my IBS was controlled by the diet entirely.

I really stress how closely you must follow the diet. This means no dairy at all, no chocolate, no red meat, no alcohol, no caffeine etc (all those trigger foods on the list). I had been 'trying' Heather's diet for years but never completely cut out the triggers. I never got stable until I did just this.

Now that I'm stable, I have a tiny bit of trigger foods now and then, but try to do it as safely as possible. I also now use Immodium sometimes although I didn't use it to get stable. It just helps me enjoy eating out and making it through exams stress-free.

Have you been following the diet perfectly? And for how long? It can take some longer than others to stabilize. It took me about a month once I really stuck to the diet and got the Acacia. Other's have said it has taken months to years.

Hope that helps..
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#258031 - 04/13/06 11:03 AM
ErinB

Reged: 04/11/06
Loc: Raleigh, NC

You might be like me and have an overactive bladder as well is IBS. Some questions to think about:

1. is this urgency only when you're unstable? If it happens all the time, whether your IBS is stable or not, it's possibly from an OAB or some kind of urinary tract thing and seperate from IBS and the timing just happens to coincide with the IBS.

2. Have you recently increased your water intake? That can make a big difference.

--------------------
Erin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IBS-D, GERD...
I got it comin' outta 1 end or the other!

#258097 - 04/13/06 04:28 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

I have had a constant peeing problem for as many years as my IBS... it never goes away. It's not so much urgency as it is constant peeing. I've been that way for 17 years or so. Can't poo & can't stop peeing! It stands to reason that if it's neurological, maybe it is all tied together.

#258102 - 04/13/06 04:38 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Oh yes! I pee all the time, and sometimes I can be fine, then ten seconds later I really really need to pee!

It so puts your mind at rest on this site, when you realise others are going through the same things. I definitely rate finding this sites one of the best things to happen to me this year!

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

#258220 - 04/14/06 03:27 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I also have urinary frequency and urgency. It seems that I might retain fluid for a few days (maybe I haven't drank enough water) and then look out I'm running the hallways!! This is not a big problem for me and since I found this website nothing is as wonderful as feeling stable most of the time on day to day basis. This diet helped me get stable quick. I still have some bad days but few and far between. Hope you work out your problem and welcome to the group!!!

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 999 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1264

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review