All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
SOY MILK VERSES RICE MILK
      #257715 - 04/11/06 11:20 PM
LivinginWA

Reged: 01/22/06
Loc: Western Australia

Hello, could anyone give me any info please, I am IBS-D, I drink soy milk, was told years ago by a naturopath to drink rice milk instead...anybody have any info...have heard off and on that soy could make D worse....??, am thinking about changing to rice milk...just wondering what others experiences have been thanks...!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SOY MILK VERSES RICE MILK new
      #257738 - 04/12/06 05:47 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've tried both (I'm a D-predominant A), and I honestly didn't find that my symptoms were any different on one vs. the other. Soy is a soluble fiber food in general, and so is rice, and the milks tend to have the same additives regardless, so neither one should make D worse.

#257752 - 04/12/06 06:52 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Haven't had any D issues with soy. Rice usually tastes nicer though, but here it's about twice the price. Lots of people are soya intolerant so they avoid it.

--------------------
S.

#257924 - 04/12/06 04:03 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

There are people who have sensitivities to soy so the soy milk would not be good for them. Personally I don't have trouble with it but I like the Rice Dream, and Blue Diamond Almond milk brands a lot better than the soy.

#257944 - 04/12/06 06:31 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Use your best judgment, here, based on how soy makes YOU feel versus what a naturopath says. If you note that it triggers discomfort, influences attacks, gives you bad gas, etc. then I'd advise switching to another "notmilk." Currently, I'm making my own almond milk and very happy with that--I don't handle processed/manufactured foods very well.

Kate, IBS-D.

#258814 - 04/18/06 08:36 PM
LivinginWA

Reged: 01/22/06
Loc: Western Australia

thanks for the responses, much appreciated, soy and rice milk are similar in price here in Australia, though I have noted that the rice milk seems to have half the amount of fat that the soy does...maybe time for a change!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4526 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 666

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review