All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Preparing for my colonoscopy !!!
      #2567 - 03/12/03 07:37 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm having my colonoscopy tomorrow. Today I start the major prep. at 4pm. Does anyone have any advice or words of encouragement? I'm a nervous reck! The procedure doesn't seem too bad (I've had an endoscopy before--so the procedure doesn't worry me) but the prep. concerns me. I'm also concerned about returning to work on Friday morning (I teach 21 five year olds!) Is it reasonable to expect to be able to return to work right away? How should I be feeling--what can I expect? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks bunches!
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Preparing for my colonoscopy !!! new
      #2568 - 03/12/03 07:41 AM
jst4kdz

Reged: 03/10/03
Loc: Burlington, Ontario Canada

The prep is not fun, but it is not that bad!!!!!! I had my test Dec./02. You will feel fine pretty much after the test-or atleast I did. I have 2 young children, and I was fine the next day. Just follow the after the test eating from the doctor and hopefully you will be fine. Good Luck!!!!

#2570 - 03/12/03 07:50 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks for the words of encouragement--I can use all I can get right now! Good luck to you too--and thanks again!

Ruchie-

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#2913 - 03/15/03 09:50 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Hope things went well and that you're feeling fine now! I go for mine in a few weeks - didn't know there was so much prep! If you have any feedback for me, I'd appreciate it!

#2925 - 03/16/03 06:56 AM
Snow for Sarala

It was not a great experience for me--but if someone had given me tips I think it would have made all the difference in the world! If you take Fleet Phospho Soda--don't gulp it down (doing so made me vomit the med...but had I sipped it instead all would have been FINE!) The directions simply said take 6 doeses at 20 min. intervals...I thought you should drink it down, wait 20 mins. and drink some more--oops! Other than that--all went smooth. Make sure you have ginger ale in the house or some other clear soda as it will minimize the taste of the meds. If you have any other questions, let me know and I'll do my best to help you out. GOOD LUCK!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Preparing for my colonoscopy !!! - SEARCH FUNCTION new
      #2936 - 03/16/03 08:28 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Ruchie - use the search function at the top of the page and the search phrase would be "colonoscopy". You'll get a lot of info and support from these previous posts.

I got a whole pagefull when I did the search. Good luck with your colonoscopy tomorrow.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Edited by SharonMello (03/16/03 08:30 AM)

Re: Preparing for my colonoscopy !!! - SEARCH FUNCTION new
      #2952 - 03/16/03 12:02 PM
Snow for Sarala

Sorry for the confusion--I wrote my colonoscopy question last Wed. or Thur. (my colonoscopy was this past thur). Someone responded to it last night and thus the question came up again suggesting I was having my colonoscopy tom (Monday). It went ok, accept for throwing up the Fleet Phospho Soda--no "official" diagnosis till' this Wednesday (they're waiting for the biopsy results) but unofficially until then we're 99% sure it's IBS and a couple of hemmoroids. I'll keep you posted! Thanks for all your help!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#3004 - 03/16/03 09:05 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Thanks so much, Ruchie. It makes me feel less alone when I get a reply! I'll get some ginger ale for sure. I've always liked it anyway! And, I'll sip the meds, not gulp them! Thanks again for the tips. Blessings, KaybeeC

#3014 - 03/17/03 05:31 AM
Snow for Sarala

I know what you mean!!! I felt SO ALONE the night I was preparing for my colonoscopy and the day of the "event". I vowed to help anyone else I know as they go through it! I was absolutely terrified--mostly of the prep. not so much the procedure itself. I had an endoscopy years ago and it wasn't too bad--but there's no prep. for that just the procedure--so I was scared about anesthesia at all. But the idea of going all night (especially having C BMs) was foreign to me and a bit scary (although in the end being cleaned out was a blessing if anything!!) If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Good luck with the prep and the procedure--and please let us know how everything goes for you!!

Take care--good luck

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2390 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1818

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review