All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Is this normal??
      #256096 - 04/04/06 04:03 AM
jend

Reged: 03/26/06
Loc: Smoky Mts.

Hey all- I tried a ban. & straw. smoothie out of Heather's book on Sat. It was soooo good! However, I've not had fruit other than applesauce since last July. So, I went from a C for 6 days to a person hunched over and in the batroom! Is this normal when you are first trying to get stable? That smoothie was so good, I was so excited because it didn't mess me up until next day. I really appreciate all the help and info. Thanks -Jen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is this normal?? new
      #256098 - 04/04/06 04:13 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Did you use dairy or soy or what? It could be if you used soy milk you have an intolerance. It could be that your tum just wasn't ready and was surprised. Try having it with extra SF next time.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#256230 - 04/04/06 01:48 PM
Dyzie848

Reged: 04/04/06

I tried a recipe from the book also and was sick as a dog. Come to find out I'm allergic to soy and I used soy milk. Next time I will use the rice milk instead. It may not have been the fruit at all.
Dyzie848

#256236 - 04/04/06 01:54 PM
jend

I actually used silk vanilla soy. Have you ever tried the rice milk? How does it taste in comparison? I think that maybe my tummy just wasn't ready, but I'm trying to get some - any -IF in to help with the recurring C. Maybe just a ban. and rice milk smoothie?
Thanks-Jenny
Quote:

#256242 - 04/04/06 02:00 PM
jend

I've used soy in the past, mostly in recipes or oatmeal. I never thought about it before and didn't seem to get sicker from it. Since I had my GB surgery 3 wks. today, I can't tolerate any dairy and I've NEVER had a problem with it before either. Although this has defintely got me thinking about when I would get attacks and what I would eat just before, even ingredients, not so much main ingredient. I guess that it's a whole other ballgame. Again. Have you had rice milk? How did you like it?
Thanks- Jenny

#256250 - 04/04/06 02:06 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Don't ban IF. It will only make C worse. Try different fruits and veggies. One at a time. Try some well cooked, peeled, mashed, pureed veggies or fruits. Baby food works for lots of folks here. Sounds silly, but if you're starting out, it's a starting point.
Try the rice milk. There's also almond milk. Rice milk always tasted to me like, well, rice so I didn't find it too appetizing, but some folks here really like it. It could be you are sensitive to soy. Leave it out for a week or two and try again.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#256364 - 04/04/06 08:54 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Try one with just the banana and with smoothies you can use pretty much any type of milk because you mostly taste the fruit and not the milk. Also, try smaller smoothies and work your way up to a "normal" size serving. With so much going on, it could be many different things. You can try keeping a food journal and that will help you figure out what triggers attacks.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#256391 - 04/05/06 01:41 AM
LivinginWA

Reged: 01/22/06
Loc: Western Australia

Hey, just wondering is it possible you could be fructose intolerant...have heard a lot of people simply cant have fruit in their diet. Dont think you would have fructose in bananas but would definitely be in strawberries, I am ibs D and cannot eat strawberries...wish I could though, they are delicious!!

#256392 - 04/05/06 01:44 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I can only eat strawberries with extreme caution- even in my pre IBS days overdosing on them gave me D..and I LOVE them.

--------------------
S.

#256401 - 04/05/06 03:52 AM
jend

I have had applesauce and done ok. I've started thinking about eating in a whole dif. matter, now that I know it's up to me to get better. I was misdig. for months and was told that if I was really following their hi IF Lo carb Lo fat diet than I would be fixed. Anywho, thinking it might have been the soymilk. By the way, the applesauce was natural no HFC.
Thanks,
Jenny

#256402 - 04/05/06 03:56 AM
jend

I've already started keeping a food journal & I'm going to buy some rice milk this morning. Will try your advice. I might wait till weekend when I don't have to work, Just in case!
Thanks,
Jenny

#256415 - 04/05/06 06:05 AM
jend

Thanks for your help. By the way love your quote, too funny!
Jenny

#256441 - 04/05/06 08:28 AM
Dyzie848

Reged: 04/04/06

Jenny,

I haven't had the rice milk yet, but you mentioned GB surgery. I had my GB out in 1979 and that's when all of this trouble began.

Dyzie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 8221 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1607

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review