All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
complete evacuation for me new
      #255933 - 04/03/06 10:43 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

When I get a complete evacuation, I go until there's nothing left in me, and it takes up to 3 hours for *everything* to go-- usually punctuated by the last bit being powdery stuff that sits like silt at the bottom of the bowl. The last bit is usually water shooting straight out of my butt (sorry if tmi). I drink a lot of water to keep from passing out while I'm on the bowl. At the end, it just comes shooting out after I drink it.

I can usually tell that everything's out when I get that sucking crampy feeling in my stomach. It's accompanied by *ravenous* hunger, but I can't eat because that'll come right out at 90mph.

Also there's "dry heaves." You know the dry heaves you get after you're done vomiting? Like you're still gagging but nothing's coming out? These dry heaves are from the other end. There's just an urge to push, even after the last watery bit has gone. This usually symbolizes the end of an attack for me.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: complete evacuation for me new
      #255937 - 04/03/06 11:15 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

OMG I've had that once or twice (in several years) and just thought it was food poisoning!!!

I can't imagine feeling that way again either. Poor you Nelly!

Re: complete evacuation for me new
      #256309 - 04/04/06 03:38 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Oh my God - I thought that was just me with the dry heaving stuff! I've never given much thought when I've seen 'complete evacuation' mentioned on the boards, but when I now think back to the times when it's happened to me it's so horrible. Where you get up off the toilet, get just about back into doing / going where you were before and bang! back you have to run to the toilet. Yuck...

Anyways, just glad the whole 'bum retching' (what I've christened it in those dark hours spent bored and lonely on the toilet!) thing isn't just me.. (Even though I wouldn't wish it on anyone, if you get what I mean )

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Re: ATT WIND Question for D people, re: going new
      #256393 - 04/05/06 01:53 AM
LivinginWA

Reged: 01/22/06
Loc: Western Australia

Hey Wind, just wanted to know what effect benefibre had on you, I am ibs D and benefibre made my situation so much worse,in fact I havent found a soluble fibre that has helped me at all...is it the same for you??

Re: ATT WIND Question for D people, re: going new
      #256467 - 04/05/06 10:46 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Okay, I'll be downright honest--it gives me D that has the viscosity of a runny baking mix and is often the most bizarre colours. So, instead of just a "watery" its kind of like muffin or cookie or brownie mix, pre-baked version. My poop is like watery gruel/cereal/cream of rice or baby food cereal. I hope this is not too explicit. Also, it has an explosively gassy effect. I don't know if taking beano would help--guar gum is a bean fiber, I believe and commonly used in gf baking mixes, and other foods as a stabilizing agent. I'm sure it's also used in vegan egg replacers. I've seen it in soy yogurts as an ingredient. It's also common in hair/skin lotions and even some toothpastes.

Often it is orange, too.

What does it do to you?

Maybe I'll test the theory that Beano might help combat the gas aspect.

Kate, IBS-D.

Bum retching! Excellent description! :) new
      #256630 - 04/05/06 08:11 PM
Nelly

Oh man, that feels good to know it's not just me either!! I just needed to hear that. It's so weird we all go through pretty much the same thing.

~nelly~

Wind I get that too new
      #256631 - 04/05/06 08:15 PM
Nelly

Mine gets stringy and with these white threads running through it. When I took citrucel (which is actually orange itself??) mine was orange and like some sort of dark orange raw cake batter. Also I dound I had little control of it, ie when I went, I went big. (sorry again if tmi)

~nelly~

Re: Question for D people, re: going new
      #256635 - 04/05/06 11:30 PM
CindyG.

Reged: 01/26/05
Loc: Mississippi

Hey on a bad day I go about 5 to 8 times. It's an all day affair. I live in the bathroom those days. I hate it because it prevents me from going out and gettin things done. I take 2 Immodium when I go places so it gives me some peace of mind. But sometimes I find I will go anyway and have to take additional immodium. I have issues too with not being able to go for 2 or 3 days afterward and when I do go it's always D.
I dont take any SF but I have Acacia just haven't tried it yet. Do you follow any sort of diet. I just try to avoid dairy and extremely sugary sweets. Those seem to hurt my stomach the worst.

ROTFL, yes, "bum retching" indeed new
      #256720 - 04/06/06 10:22 AM
Wind

How apt--I get that too.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Wind I get that too new
      #256722 - 04/06/06 10:26 AM
Wind

Nelly, that's not TMI. But(t), 2L of bm is not my idea of fun. Those SFS have caused me major back pain/cramps. I felt like a 2L dump, a big gulp of poo. Okay, I'll shut up--however, I just cannot digest funny "gums" and manufactured fibers.

Kate, IBS-D.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2230 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2665

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review