All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS and Bleeding ulcers - please help!!!
      #255360 - 03/30/06 11:05 AM
LindaK

Reged: 03/30/06

New user - please help! I have 4 bleeding ulcers and IBS. Everything I eat hurts. I have such bad diarrhea that I've lost 15 lbs. in the last week, and have lost so much time at work that I think I'm about to get fired from my job. (My boss wants to see me in her office at 8am tomorrow - sick or not.) I plan to get the book asap. Will this diet also help with my ulcers?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS and Bleeding ulcers - please help!!! new
      #255363 - 03/30/06 11:14 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Definetly have a look at this website and the diet advice. Things like eating small amounts throughout the day will help a lot, since I would think eating nothing, and eating too much would aggravate ulcers. Definetly eliminate all the trigger foods on the list.

Doing a quick search on google I found this: http://www.mamashealth.com/stomach/uldiet.asp
It says to stay away from using milk as an anti-acid. Also, with IBS, it will only make D much much worse.

Goodluck,
Kat

--------------------
Kat

Re: IBS and Bleeding ulcers - please help!!! new
      #255364 - 03/30/06 11:20 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm on a low acid diet because of risk of stomach and esophageal ulcers too. I know, it sucks! Heather's diet is not for those with gastritis or ulcers, but you can take her suggestions as guidelines and eliminate the foods you need to to stay well. I take out the fruits and raw veggies, paying attention to avoid the cooked veggies that are not green as well. Avoid vinegar and spices as well as keeping low acid and you ahould be fine. Watch for soy if you are prone to gas and D, and cut down on sugar and fat too.

Good luck! I know it's not easy.

~nelly~

Re: IBS and Bleeding ulcers - please help!!! - ATTENTION NELLY new
      #256395 - 04/05/06 02:14 AM
LivinginWA

Reged: 01/22/06
Loc: Western Australia

Nelly could you please give me more info, on your previous post...you said be wary of soy if you are D....does soy milk cause more problems for those of us with ibs D..I drink Soy milk instead of cows milk..any info would be appreciated!! thanks

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7821 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 338

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review