All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
how often can you eat chicken?
      #255172 - 03/29/06 11:40 AM
niclouise

Reged: 11/22/05
Loc: north wales, uk

i would eat it for dinner everyday if i could and was wondering if there were any reasons why you can't eat it everyday, sounds stupid i know but hey...... also does it have to be organic because it can be expensive and hard to get hold of sometimes so i buy normal chicken just so i get some protein. all help appreciated, thx.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: how often can you eat chicken? new
      #255208 - 03/29/06 01:24 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I eat chicken 4-6 times a week. I do fine with whatever fresh chicken, organic or not, so long as it's skinless.

The only times I haven't been able to handle chicken is during a really, really bad attack period.

Your milage may vary.

#255279 - 03/30/06 01:54 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I eat it probably four or five days out of seven. A balanced diet is important though so you should try to get some variety by having turkey/fish/seafood too. Too much of anything is bad for you! I don't eat organic either.

--------------------
S.

#255286 - 03/30/06 03:21 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've recently gone mostly vegetarian because I got so sick of eating chicken - hah! - but the bottom line is that I ate it almost every single day for a very long time (almost 2 years) without any problems at all.

And I never buy organic - cost and availability here make it a non-option. Never had any problems there, either.

Re: question for cailin new
      #255287 - 03/30/06 03:55 AM
niclouise

thx for your advice, you mention seafood, ive never tried it so what types would be safe? Ive always wanted to try prawns, are they safe?

#255293 - 03/30/06 05:18 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

ALL seafood is safe!

Prawns are yummy, full of protein and lowfat (posh spice snacks on them) and really safe.

They are excellent with pasta or in stirfrys, so if you keep a bag of precooked in your freezer you can have them at will I adore them and eat them at least once a week. Tesco even does value club ones in the freezer now. The tinned ones are not as nice as the frozen ones, and king prawns (which are bigger and juicier) are nicer than the teeny ones. They are great in salad (prawn cocktail too) The cocktail sauce is just a mix of ketchup and mayonnaise so just use Hellmann's Extra Light and you should do great.

I also love scallops but they cost a fortune so I usually order them when I am out for dinner, but you can buy them in M&S alright.

Crab is good too, but again expensive. I DO NOT like any types of squid or octopus though, yuckedy yuck.

Do you eat fish at all? It's very quick and easy to cook and safe- even Fishfingers are safe.

Hope this helps- if you have any more questions just ask.

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#255681 - 04/01/06 03:13 AM
niclouise

thx for the advice regarding prawns, have to get myself down to tesco soon then, i hate fish, never actually eaten it but the smell when its cooking is enough to make me think yuck, maybe i'll try it one day. No way will i be eating squid etc either, triple yuck yuck!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3335 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 721

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review