All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
:How many follow Heather's diet?
      #254881 - 03/28/06 04:02 AM
jend

Reged: 03/26/06
Loc: Smoky Mts.

I'm still getting my feet wet with trying to sort all the info that I've got. How many of you have or are still currently using Heather's diet? Did anyone ever feel like they had really bad gas and bloating after eating the breads or pretzels she listed? Does the SFS help with this? Thanks for your help

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: :How many follow Heather's diet? new
      #254887 - 03/28/06 05:20 AM
Serenity64

Reged: 09/02/05
Loc: Illinois

I follow Heather's diet, but I always eat some IF with the bread or pretzels. It's a good way for me to get the IF in. Without it I'd never go. I think the SFS helps with the bloating/and or gas. It takes a little while to work, not overnight.

--------------------
IBS C, Spasms

#254888 - 03/28/06 05:23 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I follow Heather's diet- no coffee, no dairy, no redmeat, never eat IF on an empty tummy and it works for me. After I got stable I started to cheat from it and bit ie I do now drink alcohol occasionally and can drink fizzy drinks, and sweeteners don't bother me.

I don't take an SFS.

Pretzels etc never bother me, although when I started the diet first my system was so unstable that eating everything hurt for a while.

I definitely recommend it. When I stray off it I suffer the consequences. Keeping a food diary is also a good idea to see what reacts badly with your own tummy as not everyone has the same triggers.

--------------------
S.

#254889 - 03/28/06 05:24 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

The "typical IBS starches" are not my friend. I do better with little or no bread in my diet. My gas and bloating have been greatly reduced since I started finding my fiber elsewhere.

IBS is a very individual disease so I would encourage you to start the diet, pay attention to what you are eating by starting a food journal and also mark your symptoms so that you may find a pattern. Adjust your diet accordingly...be patient as this is not a quick process. I am blessed as I am stable but it took a while.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Rachel new
      #254923 - 03/28/06 07:18 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04

What do you get your fiber from, other than the Stevia? I'm at the end of my rope, here. Please.. one more time???

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#254924 - 03/28/06 07:23 AM
Augie

some do and some don't. Since it's Heather's website, the boards are based on the principles she lays out in her books.

Some of the folks tried the diet and found no relief...but still post to get/give support. Some have modified this diet to make it work for them. Others follow it to the tee and are well. Others follow it to the tee and are still suffering (like me).

I think you should definitely try the diet and the SFS. You'll find that the SFS is the same....some have found it to be a blessing while others find it a curse....it makes them more bloated and gassy. The only way to know is to try for yourself. We are all different, unfortunately. That's what makes this IBS so frustrating

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Rachel new
      #254934 - 03/28/06 08:08 AM
poochibelly

I use four packets of Stevia-Plus a day...

The rest of my fiber comes from food. I can actually tolerate salads now which I could not before. I do eat a lot of Asian food which seems to help me "go".

I still give most of the credit to my being stable to having managed to come to a place of having peace in my life. It seems that my triggers have always been more stress related than the food I eat.

Milk, cottage cheese and ice cream are absolute no-no's for me as is red meat and fried food. I am not big on lots of sauces either...alfredo, gravy and such but I have never liked that anyway.

I had quite a conversation with my mother the other day which was very emotional for me, I went through the gamut of hurt, disappointment, anger and such. I was ready for my stomach to seize up and prepared for "contractions" and would you know that I did OK? A little tension in my gut thus cramping and mild bloating but nothing like it used to be. I took some time to disect the conversation, whine via e-mail to Michelle (ecmmbm), cried all day, prayed as I cried and cried some more all of it which seemed to help though in the past it would have been bad news. In the past, after a day like that I am usually in the floor hurting so bad I want to cry but I did very well...it was awesome. It was God!

--------------------

Oh, I'm sorry you had a rough day new
      #254943 - 03/28/06 08:52 AM
Augie

...mothers are in a whole other class. I'm sorry you were so upset yesterday. I'm glad Michelle was there for you. I want you to know you can always email me if you want. I'm not as good as Michelle....but I am always willing to send a prayer up for you! How ya doing today?

Um, what are some Asian foods? Besides Sushi?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Rachel new
      #254956 - 03/28/06 10:26 AM
Jenni13

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Roanoke (North Fort Worth), Texas

Hi Rachel. I know you don't know me...I'm new here...but I read your post and thought I'd comment. I'm sorry to hear you had a rough day, but happy to hear you pulled through it...God is good isn't He!! And your post got me thinking too...I posted something earlier about being bloated after eating a banana yesterday, but I also got stressed out yesterday afternoon about my job situation, right before I ate the banana...so maybe it was the stress that triggered my attack?! I forget that stress is a factor that effects IBS too...I only think about food. Anyway, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

~jenni~

Hi Jenni.... new
      #254965 - 03/28/06 11:14 AM
poochibelly

It's nice to meet you!

For me stress is a huge factor. Life is good...it was an awful day but as always God came thru with peace. I am so blessed with a wonderful husband who is a good listener and such a busy life that I can't really let things get me down for too long!

Many hugs,

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1773 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2405

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review