All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Dental fillings
      #254107 - 03/23/06 08:12 PM
Cindy321

Reged: 03/13/06
Loc: Georgia

this is a strange question and may or may not pertain to IBS, but does anyone know if there is any truth behind dental amalgams causing chronic health problems (like IBS) due to mercury leaking out into your body? my dentist says no and that homeopathic practitioners are just trying to get people to pay ridiculous amounts of money to have their fillings removed. he also said that 9 times out of 10 the "safer" fillings cause problems and that crowns have to ultimately be put on anyway. i'm curious to hear some feedback.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dental fillings new
      #254128 - 03/24/06 04:47 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

I've not heard anything like that, but whenever I go to my dentist, they always want to replace my siver fillings. Why? I'm not that vain. If they actually caused health problems, how come people have had them for years now & have been fine? I'd have to agree with him, it seems like a money-making thing.

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Dental fillings + mercury = no adverse effects on health new
      #254129 - 03/24/06 05:31 AM
kmk

Reged: 01/11/06
Loc: NY

I have almost completed my PhD in toxicology and just wanted to weigh in on this topic. In one of my classes we did an extensive project looking at all available data on amalgams, mercury and alterations to health. There is absolutely no valid data that links dental fillings to health problems. Likewise, the American Dental Association clearly states on their website there is no data to support any claims that amalgams that contain mercury cause adverse health effects. This was based on extensive reviews of the literature and short summary of the findings can be read here:
http://www.ada.org/public/media/presskits/fillings/others.pdf

Hope this helps.

--------------------
Here...there....everywhere

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1447 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 428

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review