All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
how to know if I'm stable?
      #254020 - 03/23/06 01:49 PM
Jenni13

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Roanoke (North Fort Worth), Texas

Hi there. I'm curious about something...

Does being stable mean that you have no symptoms at all (nausea, bloating, gas) or just mean that you have "normal" bowel movements? I've been on the diet for a week now and haven't really been constipated or gone too much in one day (I'm an A) over the last couple days...but I am a little bloated and gassy and today I feel a little nauseous. I also have my period this week and usually feel like I have a balloon in my gut and I don't this week!! I'm really starting to think this diet does work!! I'm not doing the totally strict diet of just SF foods, but I haven't eaten any of the trigger foods (except for some soy cheese that has casein in it??) and I'm being careful with my ISF foods and making sure I'm taking my acacia and eating SF foods with every meal. I'm giving it 100% effort for sure!

Anyway, if someone could clarify I'd appreciate it!

And I hope I used all the correct abbreviations...I'm new on here.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: how to know if I'm stable? new
      #254022 - 03/23/06 02:09 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Hello!

What I considered stable was after I had gone about one month with few symptoms, no major attacks and consistent BMs 1 or 2 a day. Usually I only get symptoms when I eat something bad (like chocolate) but I expect it when I eat it. Everyone has their own definition of "stable". Sounds like you're doing very well, and if you keep it up you could stay stable.

It's good that you've noticed such a quick improvement just from diet and acacia. I did as well, and as long as you keep it up I'm sure you'll feel great.

Keep it up!
Kat

--------------------
Kat

Re: how to know if I'm stable? new
      #254896 - 03/28/06 05:52 AM
janel3

Reged: 03/26/06

I just wanted to say -Hi - I am trying to figure the stable thing out too. I'm new too!! Sounds like we have a lot in common... does "A" - mean alternating between D and C?
And I started the IBS diet on Saturday, March 18. I'm hoping to stabilize soon - but I'm having more C now. It's a little frustrating!!
-hope things are going well for you!!

I agree... new
      #254914 - 03/28/06 06:29 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

what K" said is true, very few symptoms, attacks only when you leave the diet guidelines.

--------------------
S.

What am I doing wrong?? new
      #254944 - 03/28/06 08:53 AM
Jenni13

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Roanoke (North Fort Worth), Texas

Hi to you too janel! It does seem like we're very similar since we started the diet just a couple days apart and are both A - yes, that means alternating between C and D...although my D is never horrible...it's just really frequent sometimes. I thought I was on the right track but yesterday afternoon I had a banana and a tsp of acacia with some water and shortly afterwards I started feeling bloated and burpy and have been that way ever since!! I'm so frustrated because it was just a banana, which is supposed to be safe?!?! Does this happen to anyone else? I've cut out all trigger foods (except a little casein in soy cheese, which I've had a couple times), I'm eating SF with every meal and eating ISF safely. Why then am I bloated? Maybe this is normal...but if so what's the point of following the diet? Please help!!

Re: What am I doing wrong?? new
      #254949 - 03/28/06 09:17 AM
janel3

Reged: 03/26/06

Jenni,
That is frustrating!! I can't give you an answer - but I can sympathize that it is not going perfectly smooth for me either. I'm C right now- I'm hoping to ease that by adding some ISF - I haven't been yet. I have been scared too.

I hope someone can give you some answers...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 726 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 648

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review