All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New here! Also question...?
      #25326 - 11/03/03 12:01 PM
jules05

Reged: 11/03/03
Loc: ON, Canada

Hi Everyone. I'm new here to the board even though i have been reading people's posts for the past couple months just never got around to writing anything myself. I'm 18 years old and was diagnosed with IBS-D a year ago. My mom also has IBS so i was lucky and many of the problem foods that Heather suggests to cut out of our daily diets i had already done so. I have one question right now tho. I went to the doctors today and she said that i need to add more protein into my diet. I'm already eating lots of turkey, chicken and fish but i would like some suggestions to some other sources. Snack/meal ideas would be great! Finding this board has made me feel a lot less alone because i always felt like i was the only one who had this problem (other than my mom). Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New here! Also question...? new
      #25327 - 11/03/03 12:06 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hello and Welcome! I find soy to have a lot of protein and what about tuna? Can;t really think of anything else at the moment but wanted to welcome you to the boards!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#25359 - 11/03/03 04:57 PM
Teg

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hi and welcome to the board. You are already eating good sources of protein. Soy products are a great source as well. Try tofu and products like veggi burgers. Veggie and soy cheese can also have a lot of protein but read the labels. Also what about sea food like scallops, shrimp or crab. Just a few ideas.
T

#25371 - 11/03/03 06:57 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Welcome and you got some great suggestions. If you can handle beans - you can beans to your rice or potatoes.

#25384 - 11/03/03 09:35 PM
paintlady

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Columbia, CA

Hi,
I have IBS-D also and have to avoid milk in any form.
for protein: Soy milk (vanilla Vitasoy), egg white scramble eggs (a little soysauce gives it good flavor), veggy burgers "Better n Burger brand - the plain (original) ones (without casin or whey or other milk added) and albacore tuna.
Paintlady

#25394 - 11/04/03 03:41 AM
katgirl

Reged: 10/31/03

Hey jules! ive jus turned 19 and been 'diagnosed' with IBS-C - its good to find someone my age on here - ive never met anyone with IBS and its incredibly difficult to explain it to people my age, especially as ive just started Uni, so its twice as hard! am just starting heather's dietary advice, altho like you, i had already cut out a lot of the things we're meant to. hope everything goes ok for you, take care Kat x

#25454 - 11/04/03 10:39 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Welcome! I love soy milk and soy ice creams. Also, a small amount of light peanut butter is a great source of protein and great on some safe crackers. Just be careful not to eat too much - the fat content can make the PB a trigger.
I love everybody else's suggestions. If you like chocolate, Silk Soy milk makes a wicked chocolate milk. I also love Belsoy soy puddings - I swear you'd never know it was made with soy. They make a great snack and a great chocolate fix.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Thanx for the suggestions! Will be sure to try! new
      #25525 - 11/04/03 04:42 PM
jules05

Reged: 11/03/03
Loc: ON, Canada

Thanks all for giving me some great protein food ideas! And Kat good luck in uni! I'm planning on going next year and a little nervous with having IBS but i'm determined not to let it hold me back from doing anything that i want to do. Looks like your not, good for you!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3984 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 873

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review