All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
girly stuff!
      #252718 - 03/17/06 11:37 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Hi everyone...I haven't been posting much beacause... I FEEL GREAT! I am hardly at home and near the computer anymore. It's great, but I certainly miss you.
Quick question. I went to the gyno today b/c of painful intercourse and now a bit of burning and was diagnosed with pevlic muscle pain. I researched it a bit and found out that 79 % of women with it also have IBS! Crazy! So... does anyone have it? My doc said the only way to get better is to keep practicing and stretching out those muscles, but it is frustrating...any other tips? thanks for your replies in advance! Hope all is well on St Patty's Day!

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: girly stuff! new
      #252737 - 03/17/06 12:28 PM
rlhilliard

Reged: 08/05/05
Loc: Racine, WI

Hmmm...I haven't been diagnosed with pelvic muscle pain (but my doctor sucks). But I do notice that I get BV a lot...especially when my stomach hurts really bad. I've been wondering myself if they are related.

--------------------
yep, it's me,
Rebecca

what is BV?-nt new
      #252740 - 03/17/06 12:30 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

--------------------
IBS-A

#252745 - 03/17/06 12:36 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Glad you are feeling so great!!!

Is this the same as Pelvic Floor Dysfunction? You can have a test done (anorectal manometry) to test for sure if this is a problem.

Yes, it is very common in IBS women and also for women who have urine leakage. You can go to a PT for biofeedback and muscle strengthening exercises.

I went to my PCP yesterday, and he gave me a little brochure to read. It had one excercise to do. But my Anorectal Manometry results passed...sort of!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: what is BV?-nt new
      #252746 - 03/17/06 12:36 PM
rlhilliard

Reged: 08/05/05
Loc: Racine, WI

bacterial vaginosis. wikipedia says "BV is a disordering of the chemical and biological balance of the normal flora."

--------------------
yep, it's me,
Rebecca

#252778 - 03/17/06 01:28 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

If you have it for long enough it could make you sterile..
I went to my dr. because something was.. off... and she just tested me for stds the first time so I ended up having bv for over 6 months because she didn't notice it the first time, and then the second time i came in (for a reg. check up) she asked why I hadn't been in sooner... (some dr.s are total quacks..)

#252819 - 03/17/06 05:55 PM
Letty

Reged: 03/15/06
Loc: Bullhead City, Arizona

Wow, this is interesting. I just had surgery 6 mos ago, due to urine leakage. And I was told that the burning I was experiencing would be cleared once I healed. But it hasn't. I went to another GYN and she told me that my hormone level was very low and that was causing the burning. But now I recall I've been burning for over 20 years and I've been suffering from undiagnosed IBS for over 20 years also. It makes sense that they could be connected. Thanks for the info.

--------------------
IBS-D,ACID REFLUX, PANIC ATTACKS

?How do I live without my Cholula Hot Sauce?

#252944 - 03/18/06 02:17 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Bacterial vaginosis. It's the most common cause of vaginits in women. I've never had it, but I have been tested for it. They do a vaginal swab and look for the bacteria under a microscope. They also do a "whiff" test where they smell it. BV makes your discharge smell "fishy." You can get BV via sexual contact or it can just happen on its own. Common side effects are greyish discharge and fish-like odor that may get stronger after sex. You have to treat it with antibiotics.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 796 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1417

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review