All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
PMS Binge Eating
      #252443 - 03/16/06 07:28 AM
Sassi0619

Reged: 01/06/06
Loc: Vermont

I have always the week before my period had terrible food cravings and have just eaten bad things and a lot of them. Since my IBS diagnosis I have had pretty good willpower and can't eat very much anyway without feeling badly. I however, lose all willpower that week before my period. Last night it started and I ate a bunch of pretzels, then just got worse from there.....I felt sick last night, and today, but still I can't stop myself from eating......does anyone else have this problem....what do you do??? I have been trying to stay with safe foods, but I still eat too much of them for my poor tummy....

HELP!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: PMS Binge Eating new
      #252450 - 03/16/06 07:44 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I have the same problem, my cravings get so bad from PMS. I try to make up some safe breads from Heather's EFI book. like Chocolate Applesauce Bread or Sweet Simple Cornbread. They are sweet, filling and seem to do the trick.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#252451 - 03/16/06 07:52 AM
Sassi0619

Thanks for your response. I have some banana bread in the freezer, I should pull that out tonight. I usually make muffins for breakfast every morning and love all these recipes!

I just feel so stupid because I already don't feel well, am unstable and bloated to beat the band yet I can't stop filling my face. I know full well what I am doing to myself and my system, but my brain is overiding all that and telling me to eat more twizzlers (which I just went out and got)....

#252494 - 03/16/06 10:33 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

oh I hear ya, my hunger is like a whole other person who takes over my body when I have my period. I would go see a Dr about it but it is only when I have PMS that it happens. I can't have swedish berries in the house or ice cream because even though I know they will hurt me I eat them like they are going to evaporate. I just try and fill up on carbs like bread and bagels and toast.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#252495 - 03/16/06 10:37 AM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

That happens to me often, and I am IBS-C as well. This actually happened to me last month, I became so completely frusterated with myself that I began to binge everyday and every night I would promise myself that I would start breaking the cycle in the morning, but I still haven't. I've been off of the diet for about five weeks now, and I am very bloated. This has triggered severe depression, because I feel unsuccessful and of course, fat.
I still feel very depressed, but I actually stayed home to today to really focus on what I have to do to fix my life. It's my birthday today, and I have serious plans to begin breaking the cycle. My advice to you is to just try and calm your thoughts and realize that what your currently doing is definately not worth the consequences.

#252508 - 03/16/06 11:41 AM
Sassi0619

Happy Birthday Alli: It sounds like a great birthday resolution to start getting healthy again.

I definately know that what I am doing is not worth it, but my brain tells me to keep right on eating....it is unbelieveable! Hopefully tomorrow I will be back to my normal self...

Thanks for the support and I send mine to you. It helps to know that there are others out there going through the exact thing you are going through!

Hope you have a great day!

#252510 - 03/16/06 11:44 AM
Sassi0619

It is unreal. There has been this Hersheys chocolate bar in the cupboard for like months and I haven't gone there, but last night this hit me and I just could not resist.....Wasn't even hungry for it, but ate it anyway! It seriously is like I am possesed!

Thank you for sharing. It makes me feel better mentally to know that I am not some sort of sicko.....glad that this only happens once a month and not more often!!!

#252531 - 03/16/06 12:49 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I am the same way. I have the most huge appetite early on in my period. If it isn't nailed down, I will, at the very least, be tempted to eat it.

I am usually able to talk myself out of the really bad stuff...like ice cream and coffee. Just remind yourself it's not worth the additional cramps and D or C.

Heh. It's bad enough feeling like a beached whale for a day or two...why add "beached whale with tummy trouble" to the mix?

#252629 - 03/17/06 05:03 AM
Sassi0619

OMG that is so me....if there is food in the house better nail it down!!! I have 7 pounds of bloat on me right now and feel so bad....Of course I am C, so will be this way for awhile and probably won't "go" for a week.....I get so disgusted with myself, but just can't seem to rationalize during this time period. It is funny because some months aren't like this, and then some are!!!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1148 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1595

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review