All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can you just quit taking a probiotic w/out side effects?
      #252389 - 03/15/06 04:26 PM
AmberBoBamber

Reged: 12/05/05
Loc: California

I don't know what to do. I wonder if my probiotic might be making my symptoms worse now that I am PG. Is this possible? I just swear I feel worse an hour following each pill (I take one three times a day). If I quit taking it, are there bad side effects? If it is helping me, and I don't know it, and what I"m experiencing is just IBS/pregnancy related pains, will I get worse since they were helping me? So bad side effects? And then what if I want to take it again, will it take months to kick in again?

Any suggestions? I've read that some ppl have had problems with Primal defense so I just worry that they may be addding to my discomfort right now, but I don't want to be worse off if I stop taking them!

Help please!!

Amber

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

No ideas, anyone? -nt- new
      #252418 - 03/15/06 07:52 PM
AmberBoBamber

Reged: 12/05/05
Loc: California

Re: Can you just quit taking a probiotic w/out side effects? new
      #252420 - 03/15/06 08:25 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

There shouldn't be any problems stopping a probiotic since it's not a drug, it's healthy bacteria for your gut. I've stopped and started again many times without any problems. The only thing would be if it was helping you and making you feel better, then in a few months the regular IBS symptoms you had before would start to come back.

Re: Can you just quit taking a probiotic w/out side effects? new
      #252423 - 03/15/06 10:41 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Hey hon! I've stopped and started many times without a single side effect. The only one that gave me any problems was Primal Defense, but that was only when I took it. When I stopped, all the terrible side effects went away. I think maybe it's your pregnancy and all the hormonal changes you're experiencing. Or perhapsy you're still stressed out and tired. By the way, congratulations!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2355 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 505

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review