All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Peppermint Oil & gallbladder surgery
      #251940 - 03/13/06 11:33 AM
jennylynnbu

Reged: 03/13/06
Loc: Kentucky

I was doing some research on peppermint oil and came across descriptions of how it increases bile release by the gallbladder and such. I had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago - no stones, it just wasn't functioning and was causing attacks. Will Heather's Peppermint/Fennel/Ginger pills help me then, since I don't have that organ?? I'm not familiar enough with anatony/physiology. I guess, furthermore, will they hurt me?

--------------------
Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

i have the same question too-nt- new
      #252015 - 03/13/06 06:04 PM
Johana3

Reged: 02/15/06
Loc: Puerto Rico

--------------------
Thanks God for the new Day .

Re: i have the same question too-nt- new
      #252023 - 03/13/06 06:31 PM
DOTT

Reged: 03/12/06

hi new here any suggestions for gas pains

dot

#252024 - 03/13/06 06:35 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

try fennel tea and i also take Simethicone (generic gas-x) seems to work well for me.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: Peppermint Oil & gallbladder surgery new
      #252027 - 03/13/06 07:13 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

What kinds of attacks was it causing? Mine isn't working, but 4 doctors have told me it won't help to remove it. Just curious what your symptoms where before and after the removal?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#252028 - 03/13/06 07:15 PM
DOTT

Reged: 03/12/06

hi i tryed it and does not work for me

do u follow the foods on the soluber fiber by heather

dot

#252398 - 03/15/06 05:38 PM
Johana3

Reged: 02/15/06
Loc: Puerto Rico

what king of ibs you have?
i get ibs d after my gallbleder was took out, long sad story, i found that taking the fiber, and following the things i learn here (i dont have the book ,cant buy for now)
and using beeno and some tea in the long help me, is just a try and see whats work, if you do a search you will find so much info here, you can select all post in the search and you will learn more, i hope i help you a bit with the info.
johana

--------------------
Thanks God for the new Day .

Re: Peppermint Oil & gallbladder surgery new
      #252456 - 03/16/06 08:08 AM
jennylynnbu

Reged: 03/13/06
Loc: Kentucky

I went to a doctor first, then had an ultrasound, followed by a hida(?) scan, and some other tests, and then the doctor's office scheduled me to see a surgeon. He made it sound like it was going to get worse and worse and cause more problems and didn't seem to even suggest leaving it in there. At the time I was in so much pain that I just wanted it and the pain gone (I wanted them to take the appendix out while they were in there so I wouldn't have to worry about appendicitis, but they wouldn't). Any time I would eat almost anything, I got a horrible pain on my right ride up by the rib cage. My gallbladder was a little bit higher under the rib cage than normal, the doctor said, so I guess normally the pain might be lower too? Sometimes I could eat SmartOnes or LeanCuisine with the turkey and mashed potatoes and not have an attack. I think when the pain started I'd eventually have to run to the bathroom and it felt like my colon was getting rid of more than I ever could have eaten. It was miserable. We are finding out now that gallbladder problems run in the family. I was 20 when mine had to be removed. My cousin was only 18 and had hers removed by the really invasive surgery where they made a long incision because they found out she had stones and they got too big before they could schedule a laproscopic surgery. My aunt found out last week that she has stones. It's all on my mother's side of the family. My doctor didn't find any stones in me though. I'm glad I got it taken out because after I recovered from surgery I didn't get that awful pain anymore, and I won't have to worry about stones. But, I still have the IBS, I think IBS-C, and have to watch what I eat - fatty ro greasy foods affect me a lot more now. I wasn't diagnosed with IBS until after the surgery. I never had a lot of D after surgery like a lot of people mention. Sometimes if I have a bad IBS attack that lasts over several days it becomes D but generally my gut is slow moving. Now that I've been diagnosed with the IBS I can recognize a lot of the symptoms throughout my entire childhood because I always had stomach problems - they just got worse and worse until the gallbladder episode and now it's just flat out IBS-C. I'm not sure what the benefit of leaving a messed up gallbladder in there is. I was in so much pain that I don't remember a lot of the details of what the doctor said or if he even gave the option of leaving it in. What did your doctor say about it? Do you get pain from it?

--------------------
Jennifer

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5173 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1625

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review