All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
can too little IF cause gas
      #250711 - 03/08/06 07:04 AM
niclouise

Reged: 11/22/05
Loc: north wales, uk

hi, we're all friends here so im gonna be blunt! im ibs-d and am taking 2tablespoons of acacia a day, for the past week or so i've been farting like mad most nights(how ladylike!) and am wondering if its because im hardly eating any IF veggies as i never had this much gas when i used to eat them, then i was wondering if its because im not drinking enough water with my acacia, these are the only things that have changed. I know some IF veggies cause wind so can u get wind if you don't eat them?AAAAARRRGGHHHH! any help much appreciated.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: can too little IF cause gas new
      #250760 - 03/08/06 10:42 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Not getting enough IF will definitely make me more gassy! Try upping your veggies and fruit in a safe way (chopped, cooked, pureed, etc.) and avoiding the gassy veggies (broccoli, cabbage, and other cruciferious lovelies) and I'll bet you'll feel better.

--AC

I agree new
      #250841 - 03/08/06 04:19 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I sometimes get pretty bloated from a large plate of rice and cooked carrots. I feel better when I have IF with each meal. It also is very important to drink a lot!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: I agree new
      #250844 - 03/08/06 04:23 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Note: it doesn't have to be much, but even a little goes a long way. It helps digest your food. Generally, we can all find something agreeable. I know, without any plant fiber I feel bloated & have bad stomach acid!

Okay, you can laugh your guts out, but even after a D attack, I seriously crave salad or babyfood spinach! Go figure!

Kate, IBS-D.

Have you tried BeanO? new
      #250909 - 03/08/06 08:52 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3755 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 615

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review