All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Is that all you take as far as Fiber supplement? new
      #250861 - 03/08/06 06:10 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Yes, I use just the ground flax seeds, or if I'm out, I have FibreSmart, which is made with flax, as a standby until I get some more flax seeds. I take up to 2 tablespoons. I'm IBS-A so I really have to be careful with how much.
Lately though I've been trying Benefibre but I tend to feel C with it. It might be because I'm not taking enough.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: reguarding your living cultures.. new
      #250862 - 03/08/06 06:16 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

That looks like a good probiotic. Hmmm, I see it's made in Canada, yet I don't think I've seen them around the health stores.

Speaking of probiotics.... new
      #250863 - 03/08/06 06:28 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...is it okay to take them with a cup of hot tea? Or do they need to be taken with room temperature liquid. If so, how long would I have to wait after taking them before I can drink hot tea?

thanks!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: thanks beth new
      #251208 - 03/09/06 05:15 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

i have thought of switching--and even i found a brand that work out for me and that i want to try. but they're 20 dollars and right now my money goes to my bank and to food. so all in all im broke and going more broke trying to find good supplements.

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

i do not know--- new
      #251210 - 03/09/06 05:18 PM
little bear

usually i take my pills with water--just b/c its easy and there. i think it might be too hard to chug tea and swallow pills---maybe give it a try to see? probably the worst that could happen is that you'd burn your tongue!!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

hey fellow Cer! new
      #251211 - 03/09/06 05:21 PM
little bear

i stopped by a health food store yesterday and this very helpful lady offered me GREAT probiotics that she said her friend's daughter takes for C and it works like a charm! hopefully that effect happens in each person b/c i really want to try them! do you know, by chance..are there certain probiotics that certain people should or should not take? im only asking b/c there are so many. thanks!!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

thanks bob! new
      #251215 - 03/09/06 05:33 PM
little bear

that was a great idea, thank you for suggesting it to me. i think the whole thing of feeling better there..was b/c i was constantly doing activity. be it walking, swimming, scooting or 4-wheeling, my body was always busy in motion. here, i try to get out but on my days off when id like to run, its either fridged cold or rainy and miserable.

my diet was fairly simple: mostly lots of fresh fruits and i always made sure to have salad. before iknew about oils being a trigger i would put some on my salads along with vinegar and never noticed a cramp! but the oil i used was grown by family on very nice and well-maintained farms. also, i remember having rice, stir-fry of tofu and other assorted "meats" over noodles or sometimes plain. usually some bread slices. not too many sweets since we hadnt learned about a vegan store that was over there yet. i am finding out that really, its very high-fat foods and meals and sweets that get to me! but unfortunately, as a girl, its hard to reject those sweets

ive been trying to use rice as my staple for lunch and dinner and find that its filling enough for the period of hunger, but not over-filling where i bloat. but being on such a bland diet is so boring sometimes! thanks for the suggestion! i just try to remind myself of croatia in the house with pictures and such. i have
that picture as my background. hopefully it works b/c its one of my favorite pictures i took. and it is so pretty!!!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

how do you take your flax?? -n/t- new
      #251218 - 03/09/06 05:36 PM
little bear

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

hey bama new
      #251227 - 03/09/06 06:02 PM
little bear

no need to apologize for rambling *OR* gushing hearing that IBS [especially C] is going well for someone lets me [and im sure other Cers too] know that it gets better. and if im not better right this moment today, its only a matter of adjustment. you sound like you've got a good way of keeping stress under control. sometimes i find myself so overwhelmed, that my facial expression will actually look like a permanant frown!

your IBS case sounds *exactly* just like mine! i get all the same problems [gassy, bloated and spasms] when i overeat, undereat and then overeat, have something really greasy, really fatty, or really sweet. stress is something that i notice creeping into my schedule daily. but when im working [babysitting] i dont/cant focus on it b/c my focus must remain on the kids. sometimes its hard when i come across a stressful thought in my day and i cant give full attention to it. i hate when i dismiss it and think about it later b/c then it just adds up.

as with me, prior to IBS diagnosis--i was going normally 2X/day. sophomore year was the last sane year of school i had as far as my health goes. and i just found out yesterday from my mom that ive always had a "C" problem, even when i was little! so now im only inspired to fix it. although some days, that thought is far from my mind since i get so frustrated at my "failed attemps"

so for the acacia to fully work, does it need to be taken WITH a probiotic to activate its effects? ive been taking mine now for over a year and i really cant tell if its helping. using it in combo with a probiotic makes sense though. im going to skim your site you sent me. if its suitable for vegans, im definately going to order! especially after the success you seem to have with it thank you!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Little Bear...what's the name new
      #251240 - 03/09/06 06:31 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...of the probiotic and the fiber you are thinking of trying? Please share!

have you thought any more about Miralax?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2037 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9352

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review