All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
question
      #250169 - 03/05/06 05:01 PM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

Do you find that when you cheat a little ..You end up cheating a lot afterwards? For instance, when you eat one small thing that is wrong, you end up feeling wracked with guilt, and then eat everything you've been craving for the past couple of weeks? I think I really messed up this time... Now I have to start all over again. I make myself sick! I'm getting very frusterated with myself lately. Anyway, I was just wondering if I'm the only one who does this. I've had such a bad experience as a result of this (depressed, feeling ashamed/agitated, symptoms are currently at their worst, etc) I don't really want to put myself through this again.

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: question new
      #250238 - 03/06/06 09:39 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

i've done that, halloween time my daughter had ALL kinds of candy, so i ate a kit-kat (my favorite) it has dairy and hfcs...they were little bitsizes, so i thought i'd try another..then another...like 5 candies later...i got a rumble...and was sick for half that day...i was pretty mad at myself...and food...and everything, becuase it really sucks!! i've learned since then...i don't do that anymore! i hate having d!!!!

Re: question new
      #250261 - 03/06/06 12:13 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Well, sounds like wracking yourself with guilt over "cheating" isn't a good strategy! Not adhering perfectly to the diet is pretty darn universal, and it's not worth punishing yourself over. (Your gut will do that for you.)

Do you think you could tell yourself to eat extra safe after a cheat instead? It's a good way of preventing attacks since your gut may be able to handle small challenges, but not big ones. Give up guilt and shame in favor of being nice to yourself and your belly!

--AC

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 344 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 392

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review