All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-?
      #249912 - 03/03/06 07:38 PM
scarrlet86

Reged: 02/21/06
Loc: California

I've been noticing that people on this forum identify themselves as IBS-D or IBS-C. Well, I'm confused, because I have neither. I don't have D unless I'm actually sick with something, and I've never ever suffered from C. Those just aren't symptoms I get from my IBS. My biggest symptom is gas, closely followed by (sometimes extreme) pain, and frequent nausea. I just constantly feel sick, so sick that I've missed a ton of class (I'm a college student) and it's affecting my grades. I'm either in such extreme pain that all I can do is lie in bed with a heating pad and cry, or so nauseous that I truly don't know if I'm going to throw up (I never do, but there's a first time for everything). And to make it worse, I'm phobic of throwing up. It's just about the worst phobia a person can have, especially with GI problems. Anyways, I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has symptoms like me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS-? new
      #249915 - 03/03/06 07:55 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

One great thing to try for nausea is Gravol. It's marketed for motion sickness but in general helps alleviate nausea. Make sure you get the non-drowsy kind.
I know someone who seems to have the same symptoms, and she finds that it helps.

As for the pain, peppermint capsules and tea help a lot.
Good luck!
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#249927 - 03/03/06 09:03 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Some people have D, some have C, some have both and some have neither. It is unique from person to person. Beano works very well for me for gasand so does soaking in a hot bath when I can. It relaxes my body and allows gas to be released. It doesn't stop the gas though like Beano does.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#249933 - 03/03/06 09:24 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Welcome to the boards. Have you been tested, and diagnosed as having IBS by your doc? Maybe the stress in your life is causing you these troubles?
Not too long ago, someone here said that ginger helps with nausea so maybe give that a try. You can add fresh or ground ginger to your food, and tea should help too.

#249940 - 03/04/06 04:46 AM
Kim2884

Reged: 09/10/05
Loc: CT, USA

Hello,
I have a vomit-phobia too! I think sometimes I make myself feel nauseous because at any hint of stomach distress, I get nervous that I am going to throw up, which usually makes me feel like I will...I also never do. Maybe if you try to work on your anxiety around throwing up, it will help your nausea a little. I know it's hard, but just try to relax and convince yourself you will not throw up. That usually helps me.

--------------------
Kim

#249978 - 03/04/06 11:00 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Gas cramps give me a lot of nausea. Actually, if I get a gas-attack, D is often a "side-effect." Henceforth, I know that anxiety gives me gas cramping (I'm swallowing too much air!). Would hypno. or some sort of sublimal therapy be helpful to you?

If I dare eat something green, (or anything containing complex carbohydrate) it is pureed via the food processor & I take Beano. Simethecone helps pass gas cramps. I cannot reiterate how helpful both fennel & peppermint teas are for gas. Peppermint really helps with the nausea & pain often attached to gas/cramping.

Certain medications cause nausea as well. I generally have flat diet gingerale ready for rocky mornings. Sometimes taking gravol (without lactose) is a day-saver.

Kate.

Re: Hypnotherapy new
      #250343 - 03/06/06 08:03 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I did hypnotherapy for IBS and it worked very well. I tracked all of my sypmtoms from start to finish and by the time I was done there about an 80-90% reduction in symptoms over all. Gas was my worse symptom and hypno drastically reduced it.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1569 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 903

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review