All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What have i done wrong
      #24991 - 10/30/03 06:05 PM
helloihaveibs

Reged: 10/19/03

Hello all, i really need help from someone who has been on this diet long term. I started it about two weeks ago and it was amazing it was so incredible that something so simple made me feel so better. I even started going to the toilet again without medication, for the first time in a very loooonnng time. But two mornings ago i woke up and it was back, the pain hasnt been quite as bad but still there. But the nausea have been terrible. I dont understand as i did nothing different than i have the rest of the time. ive also been getting really bad heartburn and reflux like i was before. Is this meant to happen? Will it go away soon? Ive had two days now feeling really really unwell. Is this going to always happen? Is it meant to be kind of on and off like this? someone please help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What have i done wrong new
      #25013 - 10/31/03 03:40 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi - sometimes you will have bad times, so don't get down. It gets better the longer you are on the diet.

Have you been drinking peppermint tea? I'm wondering if this is causing you problems, because of the hearburn & reflux. Have you tried anything new at all? Try drinking some chamomile tea - that may help you feel better.

Let us know how you make out.

#25021 - 10/31/03 07:19 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

IBS is an on again off again thing for sure! Mags is right about the peppermint, it can cause acid issues. I've also noticed that if a eat some supposed "safe" foods for several days in a row I get in trouble. Since it sounds like you are prone to constipation, be sure you are getting enough insoluble fiber, in the begining I cut out too much insoluble fiber and my constipation got worse!

Also be sure you are keeping your water intake up, not enough water can also cause constipation. Are you PMS right now?? The week before your period is typically a bad week for IBS flare ups in women. Be sure your getting enough exercise, really helps to keep things moving! Don't get discouraged and hang in there!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#25112 - 10/31/03 11:52 PM
helloihaveibs

Reged: 10/19/03

Thanks for your replies, im not so worried now. Still having BM which is REALLY good (Heather i think you're a legend) i havent been drinking pepermint tea so i dont know where the reflux and stomach pains are coming from. Its a really hard diet to follow. (actually not the diet but the fact that the trigger foods keeps changing.)Yeah, it might be PMS, is this likely to happen every month? Anyway thanks for the replies!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2011 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 571

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review