All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
help!
      #249820 - 03/03/06 08:17 AM
Chantale

Reged: 01/18/04
Loc: Québec, Canada

Hi! I haven't been on the board for a while. Today, I decided it was time for me to come back and ask for help. I have IBS-A and since december, my symptoms just seem to be getting worse. I am taking hormones related to fertility treatment, I have more stress coming from my workplace and I got really bad diarrhea when I took a trip to Florida during the Holidays. I don't know if any of that can cause my symptoms to worsen. I have tried many different things (enzymes, probiotics, ibs medication and everything that used to work no longer does.
I'm also scared because I have to take the plane this evening and i didn't feel well enough to stay at work. I'm desperate!! And I think my lack of hope is causing me even more stress. What will I do??

--------------------

Chantale

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Bumping for others...I think your hormones may be involved here. new
      #249822 - 03/03/06 08:24 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Over in the Living Room there is a lady who has gone through some pretty extensive fertility treatment, and her tummy took a lot of the brunt of treatment. Wish I had advise, but wanted to bump for others to see. Hope you feel better soon!

Do teas help? Ginger and Peppermint really help me.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Bumping for others...I think your hormones may be involved here. new
      #249825 - 03/03/06 08:47 AM
Chantale

Reged: 01/18/04
Loc: Québec, Canada

thx! What's her name? I'll go to the living room and try to talk to her. i think the hormones are probably the reason why I feel so bad. I started taking the double dosis in december and I have been feeling bad since then. My doctor told me the pills weren't likely to give me more symptoms but the fact that my cycle is changing could. Anyway, thanks for the advice!

--------------------

Chantale

Re: help! new
      #249826 - 03/03/06 08:49 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Have you done any of the IBS stress management stuff? Like yoga or meditation or hypno? That's the best thing I've found for anxiety-related IBS issues. Of course, hormones will make you less stable, but you can be less-than-perfectly stable and still keep your anxiety under control and thus minimize the attack severity.

--AC

Re: Fertility hormones! new
      #249838 - 03/03/06 09:51 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Been there, done'em all! Did clomid, femera, hcg injections and daily shots in the tummy of repronex and gonal-f!! Also used progesterone. The hormones and stress of it all can definitely make the IBS worse!! Come'on over to the Living Room and let me know which drugs your on and what symptoms your having or if you prefer, you can email me, its in my profile! Just note that I'm off-line Saturday and Sunday so if I don't get back with you right away, thats why!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Michelle has responded! So glad!! She's the expert! -nt- new
      #249842 - 03/03/06 10:17 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7866 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 680

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review