All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Getting No here with Metamucil as of late, wondering
      #249576 - 03/01/06 04:26 PM
ArtKen

Reged: 07/12/03
Loc: Brantford, Ontario, Canada

I have Prodiem which is same as Cirtucel. Can I take a dose of Prodiem on the same day as Metamucil or should I wait tomorrow to switch? While I do have some movement it is sluggish. I have had all the tests so no hidden problem

With my doverticulosis I am moving more over to the IBSS C side. Also since the Prodiem is flavoured I presume a larger dose is required than unflavoured, correct?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Changing SFS new
      #249668 - 03/02/06 09:33 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

If you want to switch from Metamucil to Prodiem, the trick is to keep the amount of fiber the same from one to the other. The label should tell you how much fiber is in each one. If Prodiem and Metamucil have the same amount of fiber per dose then just start taking the same dose of Prodiem that you were of Metamucil. If the amount of fiber if different, then you'll need to do some math.

As for flavoured versus unflavoured, what you do want to watch out for with flavoured is to be sure you're not taking something with artifical sweeteners - those can wreak havoc on IBS. Also, since Prodiem is orange flavor it may have citric acid in it. If so, it can be hard on reflux and may or may not irritate your IBS (probably not, but just be aware).

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Just as an FYI new
      #249739 - 03/02/06 02:15 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Metamucil contains psyllium fibre - which can help some with C, but can constipate even more in some folks, as it can irritate a sensitive colon.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Getting No here with Metamucil as of late, wondering new
      #249790 - 03/02/06 07:55 PM
ArtKen

Reged: 07/12/03
Loc: Brantford, Ontario, Canada

Well for the time being I did swith and it helped today anyway but time will tell. As far as dosage I kept the same and this seems to confirm what is being said here.

Thanks for replies

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 572 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 423

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review